Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Get to the airport early  (Read 4799 times)
07-sara
Bodhrán Player

Smile, you never know who's watching.

« on: March 13, 2009, 04:54AM »

I highly advise anyone flying (especially now during spring breaks) to get to the airport early.  As I'm sitting here waiting for my plane, a man and his wife showed up 10 minutes before their plane departed and weren't allowed to bored.  He apparently got stuck at the ticket counter for 30 minites because he had to pay extra because his bag was to heavy (he's still pitching a fit 20 minites later).
So please give yourself plenty of time to get your bags checked and theu security, I'd hate to see it happen to you.

Happy is what happens, when all your dreams come true!

Sara
White Rose
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 05:27AM »

Yeah. Show up at least an hour before your flight. Well, an hour for one of the smaller airports. Larger ones show up earlier of course.
07-sara
Bodhrán Player

Smile, you never know who's watching.

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 05:41AM »

People are getting mad now because the flight is over sold.  I bet they get here earlier next time.

Happy is what happens, when all your dreams come true!

Sara
White Rose
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2009, 05:53AM »

Niiiice.

I know that with some flights that are oversold you can volunteer to wait for the next one, which you won't pay for because you already bought a ticket, and some airlines will give you a free flight somewhere as well.
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2009, 01:08PM »

I always get to the airport 2hrs early, at the minimum! I have been known to get there 3hr early, depending on the time of day and what city I am at.

McCarren in Vegas is always busy. Orlando..is always busy, LAX...nuff said  Grin

Celtic_Kit

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2009, 09:38PM »

I fly all the time and am lucky enough to be able to use the Colorado Springs Airport. If I am there 45 minutes before take-off I am fine. We only have 12 gates Smiley. I am also very good about checking the airline website to see if the flight is scheduled for an on-time departure and I use the airline service that alerts me if there are any changes to the schedule.

Denver International Airport is another story altogther....

***I will not rant about luggage issues and flying***
***I will not rant about luggage issues and flying***

I am so trying to keep a good attitude Wink.....but it really irritates me to have to pay  Angry to check luggage.....talk about being nickled and dimed to death.

Shoot!!! I was trying not to rant.

-Kit
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: