Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Blog Post from Deirdre  (Read 8594 times)
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« on: May 03, 2009, 09:00PM »

An exciting Springtime!

Hello from my 6th tour with Lord of The Dance!
Having toured three weeks already there is still much terrain to cover in the remaining two.
We started out in Georgia and we traveled eastbound performing in most of the southern states. Heading north after Florida, we will finish in Boston in the middle of May. Check out my official websites if you are thinking of coming to see me http://www.deirdreshannon.com or http://www.myspace.com/deirdreshannon

The live circuit has been a busy and colourful one for me over the last while. Just last month I featured as soloist in the Irish festival in Bahrain. I was honoured to sing at the Irish Society Grand Ball. That was wonderful. David Munro was my pianist and we brought the house down! That was a lot of fun indeed and we hope to do it again!

I toured as guest soloist on the Canadian Tenors' Christmas tour of western Canada in December. We did several concerts in Victoria and Vancouver Island. This coincided with their album release on which I feature. Check out their website http://www.canadiantenors.com and my MySpace playlist.
Recently, Ragus became one of my favourite shows! I toured the Netherlands with them in November. What talent! What fun! Have a look at some photos if you wish on their official website http://www.ragus.ie/gall.asp

On the recording front there's been quite a few things happening. I recently recorded some Irish classics with Frank McNamara
You can purchase this, or indeed just have a listen on Frank's own website at http://www.frankmcnamara.com/frankmcnamara/fmcnamara_store.php. Check out the following songs there - Isle of Inishfree, Fields of Athenry, She Moved Through The Fair, When Irish Eyes Are Smiling, Love's Old Sweet Song.
The Celtic Divas and I also recorded some exciting new material which will be soon available to purchase. One song in particular is creating a bit of a stir. It's called Bells of Peace. You can listen to it and read about this special song on a dedicated website, kindly created by Jenny Fedei at the following website address http://www.bellsofpeace.net

Coming Soon! You will soon be able to purchase MP3s from my MySpace Website and other dedicated music website like ITunes, Amazon and CD Baby!!

Released! CDBaby, ITunes and Amazon now carry Deirdre Shannon!

Announcement! I will be a guest on the Celtic Woman website where a chat will happen on Sat 23 May at 3pm Eastern time, 8pm Irish Time, 9pm European time. Come join me!!

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 10:06PM »

A busy girl!!  Deirdre, I am so happy for all of the good, fun things going on in your life.  You certainly deserve it!  I will be seeing you at the chat!

Rich, thanks so much for the heads up about her blog.

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
Coleen
Global Moderator Emeritus

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 06:27PM »

It'sso great to hear that Deirdre's CD is finally on Amazon!   Smiley 

Thank you for the lovely banner, Mel.
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 08:32PM »

Does that girl ever rest? How cool that she will be a guest on CW.

Jim

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
cool2it
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 09:01PM »

Can hardly wait to hear what Deirdre has to say on the chat!!  It will be great jut to have her back on the CWF!! 

Thanks for the terrific banner Rich!!  PLEASE, Let's all help in the fight against ALS
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2009, 07:59PM »

Check out Deirdre's new blog.  She's having a blast (and some tea) in Japan!   Cheesy

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2009, 08:03PM »

Wow, sounds like tons of fun.

Thanks Lindsey
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2009, 08:49PM »

Read about Deirdre's trip to the Zenkouji Temple, Nagano.  http://deirdreshannon.blogspot.com/2009_12_20_archive.html

cool2it
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2009, 05:27AM »

Thanks for the link, Rich. It looks like a very inspiring temple and the entire site is very beautiful.  I'm glad she had a great tour and will be home for the holidays.  Now if we can just get her back to the U.S. in 2010 and close to my home so I can see and hear her once again life would certainly be a lot better.

Thanks for the terrific banner Rich!!  PLEASE, Let's all help in the fight against ALS
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2010, 06:40AM »

Deirdre has posted a new blog on her MySpace page!  Her new album will be out this year!

MaryNorth93
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2010, 07:45AM »

Deirdre has posted a new blog on her MySpace page!  Her new album will be out this year!

Just read it, and can't wait for it!!! Hopefully it will be released in Europe like her first album!!  Grin Grin
MikeyK
Honorary Roadie

Proud Chloëver

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2010, 05:57PM »

Yay! A new album! Can't wait! There's something to add to the Christmas list!
shankdee
Honorary Roadie

"We were all talking about you" said Lisa Kelly

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2010, 08:29PM »

Just read it, and can't wait for it!!! Hopefully it will be released in Europe like her first album!!  Grin Grin

Does anyone know if it will have the great Irish tenor on it also??? Her brother Matthew.? ? ?

Thanks For my Beautiful Deirdre Banner...GodsHorseGirl* * *
Inga
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2010, 11:54PM »

Does anyone know if it will have the great Irish tenor on it also??? Her brother Matthew.? ? ?

Maybe it will, Matthew wrote in the chat on the Celtic Tenors fansite he will do something with Deirdre.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 12:46AM by Inga » Logged
lisaholic nr1
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2010, 07:10AM »

Does that girl ever rest? How cool that she will be a guest on CW.

Jim

she is busy^^
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: