Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Weekend To Remember: Emily's WPB Review! :D  (Read 42807 times)
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« on: June 01, 2009, 03:59PM »

Well, here is my review in all it's glory! Grin

Also, here's a little preview of the M&G section of my review:

This is going to be lengthy, y’all, so sit yourself down with a cup of joe (or a beer, whatever, haha) and get comfortable. I’m mostly gonna focus on Saturday night’s show…because that was the BEST EVER.

I was REALLY excited for WPB because I had never been to a really BIG forum gathering, I had never sat front row at a CW show, I had never seen back-to-back shows, and I had never seen them in a theatre. I was EXCITED.

So……Friday night:
I got to the hotel on Friday at around 5:15 and as soon as I walked in the lobby I spotted Chris and then everyone else! It was nice that we were all staying in the same hotel. It made for some good opportunities to hang out!

The Friday night show was great! I sat with Mel, Kathleen and Sara (and eventually Sara’s brother when he moved down during the second half, hehe). They are a lot of fun to sit with and were able to put up with my enthusiasm! We had okay seats, not in the pit, but we could still see everything, hehe. The girls were fantastic, even if the crowd was a little dead that night. I was so excited to see Máiréad and Lisa!!!!! Throughout the whole show, I kept looking down at the front row and thinking, “My God, I am going to be sitting there tomorrow night!”

And yes, I did say “Oh sweet!” when “The Voice” started. Cheesy Basically, I had completely forgotten about this Lisa solo because I was so excited about hearing “Fields of Gold” again! When Máiréad and Lisa came out, I thought, “Wait…what is this song?” and then when the music started I realized what it was and just blurted out “Oh, SWEET!” LOL. It was very spontaneous. The story of my life, I guess!

After the show, we all headed back to the hotel. We saw Ray, and he came up to the car to talk to Joe (btw, thanks to Joe and Kathy for letting me bum a ride!), so I yelled out, “Hi Ray!!!!!!!” and he said hi back, haha. I’m an enthusiastic one, I tell you. Wink For the record, yes, some of us did see other members of the cast and crew, but I refuse to write about that here. I don’t believe in strategically positioning yourself in the lobby or on the grounds of the hotel where you know the cast will be just to say that you “accidentally” ran into them. Enough said about that. I will meet my CW girls in the appropriate place to do so (M&Gs), thank you very much.

Anyway……….on to Saturday and the big show!

On Saturday, I woke up and the first thing I thought of was “Oh my God, today is the DAY!” LOL! Cheesy

The whole group met for lunch at O’Shea’s Irish Pub and we toasted to absent forum members and friends. We had a great lunch with lots of laughs, random photos taken (some of which are probably really unflattering, lol), and good food. We went back to the hotel to get prettied up for the show, and then off we went!

I could barely sit still during the wait for the show to start. I could touch the stage, and that just made me crazy! It was SO cool.

When “The Sky and The Dawn and The Sun” started, and I saw Máiréad walking down the steps through the fog, playing those first few notes, I burst into tears! I couldn’t believe I was sitting here, front row center, watching her. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would get this unbelievably lucky. It was kind of an emotional moment for me! I was thinking back on my first ever CW show in Jacksonville in March of ’08, and thinking that if someone had told me that night that 1 year later I would be sitting front row center and going to a meet and greet afterwards, I would have told them they were crazy!  

Needless to say, however, I got over it and my enthusiasm was THROUGH THE ROOF for the rest of the show! I was sitting in between Rich and Joe, and I thank them both for putting up with me! Cheesy The crowd that night was completely INSANE, and I have a feeling it had to do with forum members in the first two rows, lol. I mean, we were cheering and clapping when the songs STARTED, LOL. Standing ovations all over the place! You could tell the girls were eating it up, because they were more energetic than I’ve ever seen them. It was just….unbelievable. I can’t even put it into words. They were rockin’ it from start to finish and the audience was going positively nuts. It was, by far, the greatest concert I have ever been to in my entire life. It was absolutely incredible. Nothing is ever going to top it. I will never forget it.

I got tons of attention from Máiréad and that was a huge highlight for me because that was the one thing I wanted from that night, haha. You all know how much I love her, so to have her looking at me straight in the eyes was just amazing for me. Every time she ran by us I screamed! Haha.

Lisa gave us lots of attention too, which was awesome. She looked at me a lot and smiled a ton and it was just amazing!!!

During Chloe’s little speech right before “Oh America,” she said something to the effect of, “We really love being in Florida, in fact, I don’t think we want to leave!” and some of us (specifically ME lol) yelled out “STAY!!!!!!!!” and she’s like, “Okay we’ll stay!” and we cheered, hahaha. It was hilarious. She could barely get started with her speech because of all the clapping and cheering!

In the end, when they were all taking their final bows, I was screaming for Máiréad and I looked at her and gave her thumbs up, and she looked back at me and smiled. Highlight for me! She must have thought I was a complete nutcase, because I think I yelled out “I love you, Máiréad!” or “Yay, Máiréad!” like 10 times when they were taking their bows! I was actually jumping up and down when Lisa walked out, LOL, and I think I yelled her name a few times too. Wink

I was sad when the show wrapped up, but not too sad, because I knew what was coming next: the Meet and Greet.

Meet and Greet:
We gathered in a very nice room where they had fruit and drinks and whatever else for us. I was too nervous to have anything of course, and was just praying it would be Máiréad or Lisa. I had prepared myself for no Máiréad because I knew she had been in Ft. Myers on Wednesday (SHOULD HAVE GONE TO THAT SHOW! GAH!). So the girl (I think her name is Claire?) walked up and announced that the girls at the meet and greet would be Alex and……………LISA. I yelled out “YES!!!!!!!” really loud and she gave me this weird look and was like, “Uh…Lisa fan I take it?” LOL, sorry Claire!

We of course were at the end of the line, and when we came up to the girls, Alex was first. I had met her before in Orlando, but hadn’t gotten to speak to her (I had literally only shook her hand and said hi…that was it). She did remember me though, because she said, “So you’re back to see us again, are you?” She’s so nice! She asked me if I had driven or flown to get here, and I told her how much I loved the show and that I was sad that this was my last one. She told me not to worry because they’d be back. Smiley Then I told her how much I loved “True Colors” and we talked about how David is apparently a Phil Collins fan. Alex is easy to talk to and very friendly. I felt a little bad because I was occasionally stealing nervous glances over at Lisa during the time I was talking to Alex. I hope she didn’t notice, but if she did, I’m sorry Alex! I love you!

Then…..the moment I had been waiting for was here.

EMILY MEETS LISA!

Lisa smiles, stretches out her hand, and with the cutest expression on her face says, “And you must be Emily!” I nearly died. Now, I had written Lisa a letter and in Orlando I had given it to Rachel to give to her. I had no idea if she had ever gotten it, although I assumed she had because I know Rachel is great about that, but then Lisa says, “I have to tell you that I absolutely loved your letter to me, I thought it was hilarious!” In the letter I had told her how her music calms me down when I’m driving, and that that was a good thing because I had just gotten a $279 speeding ticket. I also joked in the letter that I was going to have her autograph said speeding ticket, but that unfortunately I had to send it back to the court when I paid it. She told me that she had read it on the bus and they had all “howled with laughter” about that. We then discussed how the cops really nail you when you’re driving on the highways in Florida! Haha. She’s so easy to talk to, I loved it. Then she said, “I was really surprised at how many of the words you knew tonight!” I told her I knew all of them, but that with the Irish lyrics I kind of make it up as I go along, and she goes, “Oh so do I!” LOL! And then she said something to the effect of, “Lynn would kill me if she heard how I sing ‘Dulaman’!” Hahahaha, I love you, Lisa. You are too much! Then I got to tell her how much I loved her, and that she was so special to me. She took my hand and smiled and said, “Awwww, thank you!” It was so, so sweet.

Then we all got to watch as Rich presented her with her birthday gifts. It was such a great moment. I watched in awe. She was excited over the Starbucks! It was SO ADORABLE! I nearly died!! Then she teased Rich about where in the world the sunshine was here in Florida (it’s been raining for like 2 weeks straight here)! Haha. At one point, I think she almost accidentally signed Alex’s photo, and Alex was like, “You can sign mine, I don’t care.” And Lisa goes “Okay!” and pretends to scribble all over Alex’s face in the photo. LOL. I cracked up!

So then the Meet and Greet was over, and as we were waving bye, I blurted out “I love you, Lisa!!!” like the huge, unbelievable dork that I am. I couldn’t help it. It was just too great of an experience!!!!!

Back at the hotel we indulged in champagne, and I toasted to Lisa Kelly, the greatest human being ever. We finished off Maggie’s chocolate covered strawberries and chatted until the wee hours!

All in all, this was absolutely the best weekend EVER. I can’t really remember when I’ve had a weekend that was this much fun. I don’t think I ever have. I’m determined to do it again! Even if I have to fly all over the country! WPB is great though and it’s close to me, so I think we should all keep going there. Wink Hahaha, I’m so greedy.

Thank you to all of my forum buddies for a great time, and thanks for the sisterhood for making Room 912 the party room of the weekend. Wink Thanks to everyone for putting up with my enthusiasm and giddiness! Special thanks to Rich for getting our tickets and being so organized. You rock, dude. More special thanks to Miss Maggie for bringing all kinds of yummy food and Champagne….and Smithwicks! Wink

To my CW girls, you are all amazing, beautiful and talented. Thank you for the best show of my life.

To Máiréad, I WILL meet you next tour. I am hereby dubbing the next tour MISSION MÁIRÉAD! I am determined to get you at a M&G. Thanks for all of the attention on Saturday!!! I hope you know that I loved every second of it!

And finally, to Lisa, you will never know how special you made me feel. You made my lifetime. I will never, ever forget the moment that I met you, and there’s only one thing I can say to you at this point: Thank you.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 06:13PM by Emily! » Logged

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
07-sara
Bodhrán Player

Smile, you never know who's watching.

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 04:08PM »

Loved the review Emily! 

Happy is what happens, when all your dreams come true!

Sara
kathleen
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 04:15PM »

Great review. It even had enthusiasm...all in it! And you are right ...Lisa and Rich both Rock!

You are a cutie...and I know I speak for all when I say...You also helped make the weekend wonderful. Keep up the Energy!

hope to see you in the future

hugs
Kathleen
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 04:17PM by kathleen » Logged

OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 04:19PM »

Ladies and gentlemen, I have a brief announcement.  There WILL be a forum gathering in WPB in 2010, and it will have a name.  And that name will be:
MISSION MÁIRÉAD!

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 04:19PM »

Ladies and gentlemen, I have a brief announcement.  There WILL be a forum gathering in WPB in 2010, and it will have a name.  And that name will be:
MISSION MÁIRÉAD!

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Somebody might have to tie me down. Grin

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2009, 04:33PM »

Great review, Emily!   You've finally gotten the concert experience you deserve!  I'm sure your enthusiasm was appreciated by all!  Now everyone can envy  your experiences!  Also, I'll bet there will be no more Mairead-anxiety dreams!  Cheesy  And with the company you were keeping, it doesn't get any better than that!  Smiley Grin

Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2009, 04:41PM »

MISSION MÁIRÉAD!

Zee and I discussed today the fact that neither of us intend to miss the next big forum gathering...so, I daresay, count us IN for Mission Mairead!  Grin

Howard, you are a generous man, thank you for your huge part in helping Emily's dream come true.

Emily, I wish I could have been there, but this review was pretty darned close!!  I am so happy for you....

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2009, 04:45PM »

Thank you, Kelli!!!! I wish you could have been there too....but next time you and Zee both have to be there, mostly because I want to see you again and I have to meet Zee! Many great things were said about her this weekend and I could tell that the sisterhood was missing her something fierce!

rosie l

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2009, 05:21PM »

Hi Emily,

Thanks for such a wonderful review....It was like reliving it all over again!!!
All I have to say is you too are SWEET Grin Grin
It was wonderful meeting you. I'm glad you had such an over -the- top experience meeting Lisa and Alex.
I hope to see you next year in WPB.

Rosie
CRRopes
CWF Global Moderator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2009, 05:25PM »

It was a great review and I have to say, Em.... seeing you so thrilled made my weekend in WPB. Your enthusiasm was contagious. You psyched up our forum members who psyched up the people around them who psyched up the whole rest of the crowd! It was insane! Saturday was probably the concert I was craziest at and it's mostly because of catching the bug from you! Way to go!

Chris

P.S. It's my belief that Lisa thinks you're pretty darn cool.  Tongue

Joan
Total Fanatic

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2009, 05:37PM »

Wow Emily, reading your review makes me feel like I am actually right there. You have become the cheerleader of the forum; good for you!! Without even meeting you, your personality just shines in your posts. I would be comfortable saying that you have probably been the most memorable young lady that Lisa has had the pleasure of meeting at a M&G. Always keep your enthusiasm going strong; I am confident that you bring more pleasure to others than you realize. Actually, you seem to have as much energy as Mairead!
Joan
Jack

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2009, 05:38PM »

Great review, Emily! 

Chris is right of course.  Your enthusiasm is contagious and a joy to be around.  The couple next to me was attending their first CW concert this year, and were a little reserved at first.  A little ways in they asked if I knew you and I wasn't sure I should tell them. Cheesy  They had big smiles on their faces and were soon rocking with you, standing with the forum and having a great time with the rest of us.  I told them about the forum (they were unaware) and asked that they come join us.  Hey guys, if you read this, Welcome to the forum!

Here's to front row seats, M&G's, theater-type venues and forum bashes!  Thank you, Emily for putting a smile on our faces.  On to "MISSION MAIREAD!!"

Jack

Bluefire
Total Fanatic

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2009, 05:52PM »

Your energy and enthusiasm radiates from your review, and frankly, I couldn't stop smiling while reading it.   Smiley

Congrats, Em.  The moment of a lifetime is something always cherished.

And if I'm flying solo, at least I'm flying free!
celticx4

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2009, 05:53PM »

You should have gone to O'Shea's on Friday night. Most of the cast, including all the girls except Lisa were there as was most of the crew (and me!). The cast and crew are as genuine and gracious as you would imagine them to be.
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2009, 05:55PM »

Wow, I don't know what to say. Thanks everyone for the sweet comments!

I am really glad that my enthusiasm doesn't annoy people too too much. It's just hard for me to be reserved and calm at a CW show. I love these girls just too much and they make me way too excited! Really though, they just bring me so much joy, it's hard to contain. I thank them for that. Very few things or people have made me feel the way they do. Smiley

BTW, reflecting back on the show, I think this was my expression when Máiréad was playing Shenandoah and when Lisa was singing "Fields of Gold":

Grin Grin Grin Grin

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: