Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Incredible 3 nights  (Read 17566 times)
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« on: June 14, 2009, 11:23AM »

Not sure when I will get a Review done, since I have 3, back to back shows, in 3 cities to review.

From Columbus to Cincy and back, then to Youngstown then to Cleveland.

all I can say is...

It was INCREDIBLE!!

And the M&G in Youngstown with Alex and..............LISA!!!  Grin Grin Grin

Then Chloe and Mairead in Cleveland...

Having the first 2 rows, in the center section at The Palace in Cleveland filled with Forum members was AWESOME!!!

But now I am home, tired and only about 4hrs of sleep each night since Thursday.

CWsenior
Total Fanatic

Me and my wonderful aunt

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009, 11:53AM »

I second what Mel has said.
The shows were AMAZING to say the least, but I think the term amazing is to light of a word to be used for these concerts. Wink

~ashley~
hesprit
Total Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2009, 02:18PM »

Looking forward to seeing the reviews!
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2009, 02:44PM »

Mel, so glad you got Lisa at the M&G again. Grin She is too cool.

Looking forward to seeing some reviews.

I'm also quite glad that Máiréad was at the M&G in Cleveland this weekend. Cheesy

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2009, 05:29PM »

I am tellng you Emily, You need to go to a M&G with ME!!

Out of the last 6, 5 had Mairead at them lol

Once my eyes are focusing again, and my hands are not so sore, I hope to be able to start, maybe tomorrow before work starts.

I never thought I could clap my hands raw, but today they are sore as all heck. Even blistered...but it was SO WORTH IT!!

Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2009, 05:34PM »

Oh...and I forgot to mention

Mairead the Gymnyast!!

STICK THAT LANDING GIRL!!

WE needed those 10 cards to flash at her Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy.

Mairead on those arena temporary stages are an awakening experience. I think they heard her stick that landing up to the rafters!! And the Grin she gave.

It was during Mo Ghile Mear. She just come down that ramp and this loud THUNK as she lands right in front of us, with that huge grin and gleam in her eye as if to say...How was That! You could hear all of us go WHOA!!!  :owhen she stuck that landing and heard the sound it made  Grin

Maggie
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2009, 06:24PM »

Mairead the Gymnyast!!
Mairead on those arena temporary stages are an awakening experience. I think they heard her stick that landing up to the rafters!! And the Grin she gave.
It was during Mo Ghile Mear. She just come down that ramp and this loud THUNK as she lands right in front of us, with that huge grin and gleam in her eye as if to say...How was That! You could hear all of us go WHOA!!!  :owhen she stuck that landing and heard the sound it made  Grin

Errrrrmmm......I think I need a translation.......please could I have an Irish translation, Mel.....or anyone ?

Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2009, 07:38PM »

I am tellng you Emily, You need to go to a M&G with ME!!

Out of the last 6, 5 had Mairead at them lol

Once my eyes are focusing again, and my hands are not so sore, I hope to be able to start, maybe tomorrow before work starts.

I never thought I could clap my hands raw, but today they are sore as all heck. Even blistered...but it was SO WORTH IT!!

Yeah next tour I need a Mel M&G. Cheesy I need your Máiréad luck! Cheesy

Sore hands from clapping? Definitely a good thing.  Grin Grin Grin

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
CTofer

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2009, 07:40PM »

Translation: Mairead rocked the house last night and would have gotten even Nadia Comaneci's approval for her leaps and jumps. Her landing at one point, as Mel so eloquently put it, would have earned an easy 10. Mel thinks we should have judge cards with nothing but 10's on them to tell Mairead how well she does Smiley
Thomas
Total Fanatic

I am The Voice - I will remain (Thank You CC)

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2009, 08:21PM »

Chris,

I completely agree,

It was great to see you again,

Tom

Translation: Mairead rocked the house last night and would have gotten even Nadia Comaneci's approval for her leaps and jumps. Her landing at one point, as Mel so eloquently put it, would have earned an easy 10. Mel thinks we should have judge cards with nothing but 10's on them to tell Mairead how well she does Smiley

Banner by Scott

IDIC - Live long and prosper
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2009, 02:56AM »

Mairead the Gymnyast!!
It was during Mo Ghile Mear. She just come down that ramp and this loud THUNK as she lands right in front of us, with that huge grin and gleam in her eye as if to say...How was That! You could hear all of us go WHOA!!!  :owhen she stuck that landing and heard the sound it made  Grin

Errrrrmmm......I think I need a translation.......please could I have an Irish translation, Mel.....or anyone ?

it was at Youngstown. During Mo Ghile Mear. I wasn't watching Mairead, not sure who I was watching at the time, just seen this white flash and with the stage having that hollow sound, since it is an arena stage, when Mairead landed, it gave this loud, THUD, which basically woke us up! There was this audible...Gasp of WHOA from the audience, and for Mairead and taken a nice leap, and just did a 10 pt landing and she just had this  huge grin on her face and twinkle in her eye, I think she may have even laughed at our reaction. I told Zo I wish we had those 10 score cards they use for the Gymnastics, cause Mairead would of had all 10's!! It was like an Gymnast that say, does one of the floor exercises, takes a huge leaps and STICKS the landing, as they call it, where they just land perfect, with no bobbles or extra steps.

It was just I had the stage make that noise when Mairead has done this before. I just figured she landed in a more hollow area. But it wasn't a BAD Thing! It just kind of shocked us LOL!!

OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2009, 09:54AM »

[O/T]

I've made up a "10" card you can hold up when Máiréad "sticks a landing."  You can save and print it yourself, or contact me and I'll send you some pre-printed on glossy paper.  I think it'd be fun if a bunch of forum members held them up simultaneously.   Cheesy

Click on image to view full size

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2009, 09:57AM »

Haha nice Rich!

Thanks Lindsey
chickie.monkey
Total Fanatic

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2009, 10:36AM »

[O/T]

I've made up a "10" card you can hold up when Máiréad "sticks a landing."  You can save and print it yourself, or contact me and I'll send you some pre-printed on glossy paper.  I think it'd be fun if a bunch of forum members held them up simultaneously.   Cheesy

Red Rocks, perhaps?  Grin

And, back to our regularly scheduled topic...

zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2009, 11:00AM »

Cool, we found a subject that Maggie is not an expert<g>  Having raised a gymnast andhaving seen Mairead in 2007 , I can well imagine a 10 point. Now if she do a dismount from a bean while fiddling. not that would be a double 10.

Jim

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: