Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2000 limit for characters in a new thread  (Read 5651 times)
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« on: June 17, 2009, 05:44AM »

I tried to start a new topic in general discussion and got an error. Too many characters. Over a 2000 limit?   Undecided   Huh

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 05:57AM »

That's why many of our concert reviews have had to be split into two or more posts.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 06:49AM »

There are roughly 100 characters per line, and if you count full lines, you can get a rough estimate of the number of characters. Or at least some number thats a minimum amount. Applying this to a few long posts, we have CTofer's "My Cincinnati and Cleveland Thoughts and Observations"at about 10,000, Thomas "Youngstown and Cleveland 09" at about 3500, and CWSeniors first post in "Youngstown reviews and to be followed by a cleveland review" at 5900, the second one made in same thread at about 6300.

I am long winded and have bloviated any number of times on this forum  Cheesy  and this was the first error like this i ever got.  Undecided

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 11:40AM »

Actually.... this is all my fault. Sorry! I had turned off the character limit when I was doing the tour schedule and I remembered to turn it back on recently, about the time I stared seeing those reeeeelly long reviews.

aislin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: