Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Music for the Next Show  (Read 29661 times)
FireGuyFrank

« on: June 27, 2007, 01:27PM »

Even while the glow of Celtic Woman: A New Journey is still washing over us, I am curious to know if you have suggestions for songs for the next program?

Furthermore, ought they reprise "Orinoco Flow" a third time?

Best,
FireGuyFrank
fireyred09
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 02:52PM »

Frank, there are actually a few threads that already discuss this topic.

As for Orinoco Flow, I say play it again, maestro!
That's one of my all-time favorite CW songs.
It was the first song of their's that I ever heard!!
convertedceltic

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 03:35PM »

I hope they do not drop Orinoco Flow - I love their version of that song !!!! And how could we live without the Orinoco wave?Huh

Stacey
L.A. Girl

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 06:11PM »

I know some people who have become CW fans recently who just loved Orinoco Flow. My husband,who hasn't really" seen the light " yet about CW, really likes that song as well. Please don't drop it! You would be disappointing so many people.

Thanks,

Dianne

Texas Chava

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 07:03PM »

The flow must NEVER go!  Keep the Oronoco going on every album, dvd, cd, etc.

Banner by Scott
Lisa_is_my_idol!!!!

Hoping to meet Lisa one fine day

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2007, 09:35PM »

Never lose the flow!!!!! We Must fight for the flow!!!!

But i hope they keep The sky and the dawn and the sun, that's one of my favorites

adam

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2007, 11:22PM »

ya my uncle has the CD of Enya and listened to Orinoco Flow and said he liked that song. then I showed him Celtic Woman and their version and he said he loved it. So its a song everyone likes.
melle mel

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2007, 11:37PM »

The flow must NEVER go!  Keep the Oronoco going on every album, dvd, cd, etc.

But seriously, do we need the same set of songs on every CD and DVD release? Don't get me wrong, I love each and every song but it's pretty redundant especially when you collect all their material.

I vote for a completely new set of songs.
nick in denver

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2007, 11:55PM »

the flow is kinda like their anthem and is, i think expected. like "fight for your right to party" from the beastie boys or "on the road again" from willie nelson. it's not about one hit or even broad appeal...it's a large part of the cw identity now matter how much or how little you know of them.

and for my money cw's is much better than enya's Roll Eyes
07-sara
Bodhrán Player

Smile, you never know who's watching.

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2007, 02:25AM »

I like the idea of all new songs too.  I wouldn't mind hearing them still sing some of the same songs when they tour.

Happy is what happens, when all your dreams come true!

Sara
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2007, 03:59AM »

I would say that it would be great to include "the Flow" on new material. But I can understand where people are coming from when they say it shouldnt. Some musicians have included the same songs over and over again in their work, and it gets old after a while. I have been a Stevie Nicks fan a long time, but it seems Edge of Seventeen and Stand Back are done over and over, plus she has like 3 or 4 greatest hits albums now, with basically the same music.  She has almost as many greatest hits albums as regular albums.

But having the one song, as sort of a 'signature' song, is fine. Its a fun song too that promotes fans to get into the mood of the show. Same with Spanish Lady. But beyond that, those 2, they should tread careful with repeats.

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
Texas Chava

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2007, 10:16AM »

Good point Cash, I ran out and bought Crystals Visions (new cd/dvd compilationn) of Stevie's and was hugely disappointed.  People need to add some new fresh stuff from time to time.  Anyway, Stevie still rules and she's still filling up venues after 30 years of doing it.   Wink

Banner by Scott
willow-jeeves
Honorary Roadie

Reaction on CWF when Isle of Hope CD comes out

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2007, 04:33PM »

It's only the DVDs that repeat songs.  There are no overlaps with the CDs. 

As far as I can tell, the songs that are repeated on the DVDs are:

Orinoco Flow
Danny Boy
Somewhere
You Raise Me Up

I know that I heard a few songs for the first time on the 2006 tour such as:  The Sky, The Dawn, The Sun, Caledonia, The Blessing, The Voice, Sing Out, Mo Ghile Mear, and Spanish Lady, to name a few.

Thanks, Wickie!

"I never made promises lightly,
And there have some that I have broken,
But I swear in the days still left,
We will walk in Fields of Gold." ~ Sting
nick in denver

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2007, 10:36PM »

ya willow, the rain too. i was thinking the same thing - i like how they sorta overlap live then to dvd stuff.i can't wait to see whats next!
ferngully
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2007, 04:37AM »

i think they should keep orinoco flow and one other and then not do the rest. i have to admit, i really don't like the song' you raise me up' generally and i hope they drop it soon Embarrassed i would like to hear some new songs as well as some old favourites. but they must never drop orinoco flow or spanish lady. that is my verdict Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: