Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Music for the Next Show  (Read 29670 times)
poohbear
Honorary Roadie

funcle

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2007, 06:17AM »

I love 'you raised me up'  I hope they don't drop it.  Just my opinion.
FireGuyFrank

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2007, 11:13AM »

How about the Broadway hit song "All Girl Band"?
celtic_girlakp
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2007, 12:03PM »

The flow must NEVER go!  Keep the Oronoco going on every album, dvd, cd, etc.

Love this quote. Much agreement here. Wink
Siobhan
Total Fanatic

Everywhere you go, let your dreams surround you

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2007, 01:45PM »

Well, I don't know that with their upcoming tour they will have new songs if they do not make a new album, but you never know, and I'd very much like to hear some new tunes from them.  But as always, there are some oldies and goodies that should stay.

Orinoco Flow, definitely, it is a GREAT tour piece and the percussion nearly blows you out of your seat.  Also I think it draws a lot of non-fans in.  I've been trying to convert one of my friends to CW-ism for a while but she's a stubborn one.  She sometimes makes fun of them (lightly) and the little moves they do on stage, and isn't really much for their music.  But she found Orinoco Flow on Youtube and was like "Wow . . . that's amazing." and went on to watch it several times in a row.  She also liked The Voice.  I think there is a universal quality about CW that makes people unable to completely dislike them.

I'd like to see You Raise Me Up in there too, it's gorgeous.  The Voice is also a great addition.  I would really like to see Orlagh get to use her harp more.  I was pleased when she got the accompaniment in Scarborough Fair, but didn't understand why she didn't on the DVD.

When you think of me
sing a heart-spun song
When it's over,
sing it once more.
When you dream of me
dream when I'll meet you
on that distant shore.
Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2007, 12:19PM »

I've been trying to convert one of my friends to CW-ism for a while but she's a stubborn one.  She sometimes makes fun of them (lightly) and the little moves they do on stage, and isn't really much for their music
same Siobhan. My neighbor doesn't like them but she could keep her comments to herself sometimes! The things that come out of her mouth are unspeakable here!  Cheesy

Thanks Lindsey
BruceBarnes

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2007, 12:30PM »

I would love to hear some new music.  Just more for me to love.  But if there has to be one song to keep I'd vote for Over The Rainbow.  No one could ever top the way they do that song.  
Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2007, 12:35PM »

I would say The Orinoco Flow song! Cause that is just a fun song to sing along with and to do the moves! Plus the Girls have fun doing that song!

Thanks Lindsey
FireGuyFrank

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2007, 02:22PM »

How about something from The Carpenters?  They had some good tunes in the 1970s.

FireGuyFrank
Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2007, 09:26PM »

ahh the Carpenters are a very good band! Nice choice!

Thanks Lindsey
celtic_girlakp
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2007, 10:07AM »

You know what. They can keep them all and add anything that they think is appropriate because whatever they sing it will be beautiful.
Sassy

Ni Caoim

« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2007, 10:22AM »

I love all the songs, but I would like to see new material for a new show, rather than a song redone.  I enjoy the traditional songs very much and would like to see them drop the Italian light operetta songs and go with more that have a Celtic feel to them, in either English or Gaelige, after all - they're called CELTIC Woman! *S*
John910

« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2007, 08:37PM »

How about "Angel of the Morning" ? (done by Merillee Rush (sp) and also by Juice Newton)

I'm listening to it right now on the radio.
Celtic Lass
Total Fanatic

« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2007, 07:13PM »

Any Irish, Galic, ecx. song would be perfectly fine with me.Cheesy I would like to see more traditional songs. Of corse, with the Christmas cd and DVD coming out, maybe they will do a Christmas tour. You never know! Huh
ferngully
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2007, 04:48AM »

well i would love to see orla performing shooting star of course Cheesy
celtic_girlakp
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2007, 03:34PM »

again anything would be good!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: