Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Back from over the Pond  (Read 9200 times)
L.A. Girl

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2007, 05:46PM »

Hi Maggie,

I'm also glad that you had an enjoyable trip w/ your family, friends, and most of all with your grandson. I know that one of Michael Flatley's parents is also from Co. Mayo. When you were in Ireland, it must have felt as if you had never left.

Welcome back,

Dianne
McIrish

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2007, 07:29PM »

Welcome back Maggie,I kinda think that Dave may have missed you just a "little bit." I can only imagine Dave welcoming you back with all these little,tiny fingerprints all over your face,your neck,Everywhere!!!Millions of little hugs can do that to ya! I know you both want to go back soon to watch that little one grow. I'm off myself, on July 7th to Boston,then to celebrate Christmas with David & the ladies,and I BLAME you, dear lady, for reigniting the memories of the most beautiful people I have ever met.The people of Ireland!  Mc
KILARNEY06

Some F.O.O.L.S never learn

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2007, 09:54AM »

Maggie WELCOME back.  I know your up to your ears in e-mail/posts but I was told there are Walsh Mountains/mountain in County Cork or Mayo. I can't find anything on them. Can you shed any light on the mountain.....when you catch your breath that is.

Thanks,

Pat

I have never met a man who has given me as much trouble as myself.
Maggie
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2007, 12:01PM »

Maggie WELCOME back.  I know your up to your ears in e-mail/posts but I was told there are Walsh Mountains/mountain in County Cork or Mayo. I can't find anything on them. Can you shed any light on the mountain.....when you catch your breath that is.

I know County Mayo quite well, though I am far from being an expert.
My mother was born in a Townland (small scattering of homes, too small for a village) at the foot of Nephin, one of the highest mountains.
So I did some research of all the mountain ranges in Mayo, and did not find any mention of Walsh. The anglicized names of mountains have been translated from Irish Gaelic, for example Slievemore was Sliabh Mor.

I also went to this site:
www.rootsweb.com/~irlmayo

There was a Walsh couple with 6 children here, in the Townland of Carrowmacloughlin:

Thomas WALSH 40 Mary 35 John 12 Kate 10 Maggie 9 Bridget 7 Pat 4 Peter 3

The Walsh records for that area would be in the Catholic Parish Church in Turlough. Look down the marriage records for the Bridegroom's surname:

www.connorsgenealogy.net/Mayo/TurloughRecords.htm

Here was one of the marriages:
16 February 1854-Micheal Walsh to Sarah Jennings

This may be of interest, at the bottom you can click on extensive Walsh Records.
http://face-and-emotion.com/genealogy/Walsh/WalshFamiliesMayo.html

OK that's all the research I can do right now.
Yes, I am up to my ears in emails, and I also have to go earn some money to pay for my vacation!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: