Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Akron OH Fall Tour 09  (Read 26341 times)
Thomas
Total Fanatic

I am The Voice - I will remain (Thank You CC)

« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2009, 06:15AM »

Well today is the day, everyone have a safe trip!!!

Banner by Scott

IDIC - Live long and prosper
dMs827LK
Bodhrán Player

I've met LisaK, Lynn, & Mairead!!! :D:D:D

« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2009, 10:11AM »

Tom

i for got to tell you that i'm switching shirts and wearing this one

Dayna

I met LISA K. AND LYNN AND MAIREAD!!! ....yeah!!!! Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin
Thomas
Total Fanatic

I am The Voice - I will remain (Thank You CC)

« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2009, 01:09PM »

See you at the show Dayna,

Please come down and get your forum buttons from me.

Safe travels,

Tom

Banner by Scott

IDIC - Live long and prosper
07-sara
Bodhrán Player

Smile, you never know who's watching.

« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2009, 10:33PM »

The show was amazing!  Ashley told Andi that a jumper was an old persons word.  Lynn and Lisa were at the M&G.

Happy is what happens, when all your dreams come true!

Sara
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2009, 08:11AM »

Yes..the show was Great! Especially after my surprise...then Us TROUBLEMAKERS sitting together in the second half. I think Chloe enjoyed it  Wink, Lisa just shook her head  Grin

When they announced who would be in the M&G, me and Sara go "ALRIGHT!' and smacked hands...the new guy who was checking off names just laughed at us.

CelticWomanFan425
Honorary Roadie

I saw Meav perform for the 1st time on 3/10/15

« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2009, 08:25AM »

The show was amazing!  Ashley told Andi that a jumper was an old persons word.  Lynn and Lisa were at the M&G.

wait....Lynn and Lisa were at the M&G?!?!? man I wish I could go to multiple concerts each year!  My dream is to meet Lynn and Lisa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I met David Downes,Susan McFadden, Lynn, Lisa K(2x), Eabha, Mairead N, Mairead C, Chloe(2x), Lisa Lambe(2x), Orla, Anthony Byrne & Sarah Gannon, Edel Chan Murphy, Ewan Cowley (2x) & Roisin Dempsey.
beachclubber1952

« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2009, 10:32AM »

first,let me begin by saying it was nice to finally put some faces with names,thomas,thanks for everything,the placards and the buttons and starman,thank you for giving my daughter shelby your chloe button,sure glad she didn't ask for your shirt,haha.now the adventure begins.living in baltimore and this being the closest show on this leg of the tour, i decided to shoot for tickets . thanks to reading thomas posts on the forum, i called western reserve the smaller of the 2 pbs stations selling tickets and lo and behold 2 front row with meet and greet.previously had front row but no meet and greet in philadelphia in june,i'll get back to that later.wasn't going to be a problem getting to the show,shelby would miss a day of school and we could leave early since it is a 5 and a half hour drive,not happening.shelby had an important assesment test to take and we couldn't leave till 12noon.missed the dinner but arrived at 6pm,tired and hungry.not to worry,half an hour later the lobby doors open and our tiredness goes away and anticipation takes over.met thomas who gave us our buttons and placards.ej thomas is a very nice venue,big but not too big.now the review.i could write about every song but i'll just touch on some of the highlights for us.house lights go down and that vision in white is at the top of the steps and the music starts.it never gets old,priceless.chloe's when you believe gets better and better and better.isle of hope,unbelievable.lisa's,the voice.that says it all.every mairead song,energetic. oh america,moving. if anyone in attendence doesn't get a lump in their throat and a tear in their eye,i don't get it.now the performers. i don't know if it was because of all the forum members with pins and sings for alexfest,, but alex seemed more into it,which was enjoyable.lynn was very energetic.lisa is the consumate professional. mairead,funny how now being connected to the tinkerbell movies it fits her perfectly.a little naughty at times with ray and nicky and yet always playful just like a pixie.being in the font row you always get involved with mairead, those eyes,those little kisses. and now chloe,my daughters favorite.when a 15 year old tells you she considers her a role model,you stand up and take notice.shelby became interested in celtic woman because i always was watching the specials on pbs. i didn't think she cared until this past winter after watching the a new journey special,my wife said shelby wanted to see the group in march in baltimore.now at this time after already having all her xmas gifts for her i didn't know about this. but,not having seen the show live and shelby's birthday and our anniversary was in march, i sprung for the tickets anyway.15th row no meet and greet.after watching her reactions and then telling me that was the best gift she ever received and she wanted to go again,she reeled me in. after getting good tickets for philly but not great and no meet and greet, after readind posts on the forum i was able to get 2 front row pit seats to the side after a season subscriber turned them in and i was lucky enough to call at the right time.wearing her isle of hope shirt ,shelby got royal treatment from chloe the whole show.i asked her why chloe is her role model? shelby said,dad,she started so young and hasn't let success go to her head.and, she's not the railthin model type that most people expect and she uses that to her advantage.on nelle fantasie she hits notes even opera singers don"t hit.so poised so energetic always playing to the crowd. and at the part of the show where she thanks everyone ,they couldn't have picked a better spokesperson. and i don"t know if it's just me but i've only seen 4  shows but she seeems to get the largest applause at the final curtain call. now,eet and greet. never attending one until now, we didn't know what to expect. well it was beyond that.slightly disappointed with no chloe,lynn and lisa more than made up for it. extending their hands to introduce themselves,asking your name and where your from and and if you enjoyed yourself(yeah like that couln't happen).but, lisa made our day.hoping for chloe with either mairead or lisa,shelby took a tinkerbell satchel and when lisa saw it she was genuinly excited. she asked if we were going to see the it and i said we already saw some trailers with her song on the internet and she said wow.getting back to that 5 and a half hour drive. when lisa asked wher we were from, shelby said baltimore and lisa said are you flying home tonight? i said no we took shelby out of school hald a day and after driving back, she would go in late. well lisa loos at shelby and looks at me and says i think shelby deserves a day off tommorow ,and guess what we took her up on it because as i write this she is still sleeping.well thanks for indulging me and my longwindedness. ps as for as the crowd goes they were very into it especially the first three rows full of forum members
Zo

« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2009, 10:54AM »

Ashley told Andi that a jumper was an old persons word.

She can never behave  Wink

TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH....FOREVER FRIENDS
Zo

« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2009, 11:32AM »

I'm not going into an indepth review on the Akron show but I especially want to mention one thing. THIS SHOW ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!  I really needed this for what Mel and I called de-stressing and it worked to perfection. I am so back to normal and can't wait for the Columbus and Toledo shows. I don't know if it was me or what but the whole show just was totally AWESOME! I believe the girls enjoyed the crowd as much as we enjoyed them because they out did themselves and you could tell they were having fun. Every song was better than I have ever heard before. It just amazes me how they can do that to me.

The M&G was special too. Got to see Lynn again (see is so sweet) and I finally got to meet Lisa. What can I say about her but fantastic. I have waited 2 years to meet her and we had a wonderful (if not short) conversation. I told her that The Blessing was the best I ever heard her sing it and she said that she had a cold but when she sang the song it was like it just made the cold disappear. Whatever happened, it was beautiful.

It was a joy to see all the other forum members too. Thanks to Sharon, Bernie, Mel, Ashley, Coleen, Michelle and Daryl for a great time at dinner. Also it was great to meet up again with Ryan, Tom, Andi, Ann and the "surprise" guest.....Sara.  What a hoot that was to see Mel's reaction when she showed up. Great time guys!

Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2009, 01:04PM »

Also it was great to meet up again with Ryan, Tom, Andi, Ann and the "surprise" guest.....Sara.  What a hoot that was to see Mel's reaction when she showed up. Great time guys!

Don't know what your talking about, I was calm and cool. Well behaveed even through out the show <whistles innocently>

Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2009, 01:07PM »

I have to thank Zo, for switching seats at the second half. The first half Sara was sitting back a few rows, but 2 seats in the front remained empty, so at intermission Sara and the lady she was sitting next to, came down to clam the empty seats. But then Zo switched seats with Sara so she could sit next to me..... Grin

sharon

« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2009, 02:17PM »

I'm not going into an indepth review on the Akron show but I especially want to mention one thing. THIS SHOW ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!  I really needed this for what Mel and I called de-stressing and it worked to perfection. I am so back to normal and can't wait for the Columbus and Toledo shows. I don't know if it was me or what but the whole show just was totally AWESOME! I believe the girls enjoyed the crowd as much as we enjoyed them because they out did themselves and you could tell they were having fun. Every song was better than I have ever heard before. It just amazes me how they can do that to me.

The M&G was special too. Got to see Lynn again (see is so sweet) and I finally got to meet Lisa. What can I say about her but fantastic. I have waited 2 years to meet her and we had a wonderful (if not short) conversation. I told her that The Blessing was the best I ever heard her sing it and she said that she had a cold but when she sang the song it was like it just made the cold disappear. Whatever happened, it was beautiful.

It was a joy to see all the other forum members too. Thanks to Sharon, Bernie, Mel, Ashley, Coleen, Michelle and Daryl for a great time at dinner. Also it was great to meet up again with Ryan, Tom, Andi, Ann and the "surprise" guest.....Sara.  What a hoot that was to see Mel's reaction when she showed up. Great time guys!

I have to ditto everything Zo has said.  The show last night was absolutely fantastic and the best yet!!  I hated to see it end because everyone (including the girls) were having so much fun.  Since all good things must come to an end, the show was over, but......
we still had a Meet & Greet to attend.  I was sooooo thrilled to finally meet Lisa.  She was just as sweet and adorable as I knew she would be.  First, Bernie and I got to talk to Lynn for a few minutes.  We had met her in February in Columbus so it was nice to chat for a few minutes without making her sign anything.  She is such a sweet gal and said she really enjoys being in Celtic Woman.  I wasn't as nervous as I thought I would be when I finally got to meet Lisa.  Obviously, she puts people at ease immediately.  She wanted to know how many IOH shows we've seen, and when we told her this was the best one yet, she became so animated in telling us how excited she is about the new show for next year, and how much she thinks we will like it!  Of course we'll like it....it's a Celtic Woman Show!!!

I still can't believe I finally got to meet and talk to Lisa after all this time. Guess it proves that "good things come to those who wait".  I've never been blessed with the virtue of patience, but since I had no control over who I would meet during the M&G's I've attended, maybe I've learned a little patience over the last couple of years.  We could ask my kids what they think....on second thought, let's not!!

Last evening was a wonderful time spent with old friends (Zo, Mel, Ashley, Coleen, Michelle, Daryl, Andi, Ann, Sara, Tom and Ryan), text messages from Zee (thanks for hoping I would meet Lisa), and another chance to take in an awesome show from Lisa, Lynn, Alex, Chloe and Mairead. These ladies never fail to amaze me and never disappoint.  Can't wait till the Columbus show on Nov. 1st.
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2009, 03:21PM »

time for me to make a few comments too....

1. First, a BIG THANKS to Tom for all he did for last night. I ended up in a great seat and had a great time.
2. Nice to meet so many forum members. At past shows, I have been lucky to meet a few, but meeting so many new people at once was interesting and fun.
3. Akron is a bit different than I expected. Lots of cops because of the regular police, the campus police, and Sheriff's Office. Lots of buses. I expected to see some but Akron really seems to have a lot. Also lots of traffic. For some strange reason I expected less traffic. And I saw a sign that said "Parking $1.50 all day" I must have misread that. If thats accurate...WOW.  Also, The Quaker Square Inn is about the strangest hotel you will ever see. Converted from some type of farm building into a hotel.
4. The ladies really did seem to like the first 3 rows lol. Show was jumpin' right from the start for CW and forum members. The rest of the crowd though was a normal crowd, compared with what I have seen in the past. Sort of quiet until Mairead in the second half, then more standing Os and clap-a-longs occurred. Very good standing Os at the end.
5. Chloe seemed especially animated. They all were, but for some reason Chloe was the one that really jumped out at me. And what do we call that thing Mairead did, sort of aimed at the guy front row center. Was like 3 quick forward and back leaps all in succession. Triple Jab?  I have seen her spin really really fast . I have seen her sort of lean at someone (how would you describe it?) (Starman seemed to get leaned at 3 or 4 times last night).  But the triple thing was new.
6. I prepared pics for all 5 ladies, even though I already had Lisa's and Lynn's autographs from the M&G I was at back in March. I stumbled on an old pic of Lisa which is really good. She even commented that its from long ago. I think the OFG has one of them autographed on his celtic wall. When I printed it out at a FedEx office, a lady came over, looked at it, and said "Thats a really nice picture!" But she had no clue who Lisa is. And I got Lynn's from one of those new PBS promo pics. I did some cutting / cropping. She seeemd to find it interesting (Where did you get that from?) Then I tried to explain hahaha. Her head is probaably still spinning. She also told me "Nice tie!"  Shocked  But I really enjoyed chatting with her like that. I have been to 3 M&Gs now, and she has been at all 3. At the previous 2 she seemed more responsive, or passive, politiely answering questions , but not really actively initiating conversation, like Lisa does.  This time she seemed very comfortable and happy.

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
Coleen
Global Moderator Emeritus

« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2009, 03:38PM »

Don't know what your talking about, I was calm and cool. Well behaveed even through out the show <whistles innocently>

LOL, Mel.   Cheesy  You and Sara were a hoot! 

And Sharon, to see your reaction when you found out that you were going to meet Lisa was priceless.   Cheesy

Thanks to all who were at the show last night.  I had a blast!

Coleen
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 04:05PM by Coleen » Logged

Thank you for the lovely banner, Mel.
Zo

« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2009, 04:04PM »

I have to thank Zo, for switching seats at the second half. The first half Sara was sitting back a few rows, but 2 seats in the front remained empty, so at intermission Sara and the lady she was sitting next to, came down to clam the empty seats. But then Zo switched seats with Sara so she could sit next to me..... Grin

Your welcome Mel. I really couldn't have Sara not sit next to you since she traveled so far to see YOU!   Wink

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: