Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rochester, NY October 28, 2009  (Read 6777 times)
btimerson
CWF Global Moderator
Total Fanatic

Made it to ForumFest 2012 in Chicago!

« on: August 02, 2009, 08:47PM »

I thought I'd start this topic so that everyone going to the Rochester show can check in to see what's up.  If there's interest, I will check the area around the Auditorium Theatre for an Irish restaurant/pub that we can meet and eat at before the concert.  If you're interested, send me a PM or leave a message here.  Any other ideas you have, leave them here as well.

Brad T

GeorgeN

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 07:45PM »

.......Any other ideas you have, leave them here as well.
Brad T

Should we wear our Halloween costumes?  Shocked   Wink

GeorgeN
btimerson
CWF Global Moderator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 10:29AM »

OK, I'll be distributing CW and Lisa Forum buttons for this show.  If you get buttons at an earlier show, please don't ask for another one at this show.  Rich's supply is VERY limited!

It would be best if you sent me a PM with your button requests - how many of each one do you need -  and I will let Rich know how many I need.

Thanks.

Oh, and I won't be able to meet ahead of time for dinner.  The friends I am going with have a tight work schedule and so we will be getting there just before the concert starts.

Brad T

OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 08:18AM »

If you get buttons at an earlier show, please don't ask for another one at this show.  Rich's supply is VERY limited!
Good point.  Thanks, Brad.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
btimerson
CWF Global Moderator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2009, 11:38AM »

My tickets from PBS arrived today.  Meet and Greet pass and 2 tickets.....  ROW 1    Seats 13 and 14, which, if I've counted right, is just about dead center!

First Row.....  CENTER!!!   and a Meet and Greet!!! 

Grin   Grin   Grin   Grin

Brad T

bpea55

Orlagh, So happy for you, Mom to be! WOO HOO!!!

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2009, 03:22PM »

That means I should get mine soon! Grin Grin
Bruce

"While we seek Myrth and Beauty and Music light and gay, there are frail forms waiting at the door.....though their voices are silent, their pleading lips will say,
"Oh, Hard times, come again no more..."
Thanks so much Orlagh!
I will always remember...
The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2009, 07:55PM »

Brad. I was in the same exact seat as you except I was in the 3rd balcony. At least I had a good view

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
rick,

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2009, 08:01PM »

My tickets from PBS arrived today.  Meet and Greet pass and 2 tickets.....  ROW 1    Seats 13 and 14, which, if I've counted right, is just about dead center!

First Row.....  CENTER!!!   and a Meet and Greet!!! 

Grin   Grin   Grin   Grin

Brad T

You sound just a little excited

Máiréad Nesbitt Fan Club www.maireadfanclub.com
btimerson
CWF Global Moderator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2009, 09:50PM »

Yup...  just a little.  Wednesday will soon be here!  And the Fall colors here are gorgeous!  I hope they get to see the area during the daytime.

Brad

bpea55

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2009, 07:27PM »

Brad..I got my tickets..Row E ,Seats 9 and 11..Left of Center (hey they know me...LOL).
Is anybody doing anything for dinner before the show?
Let me know. Thanks!
Bruce

"While we seek Myrth and Beauty and Music light and gay, there are frail forms waiting at the door.....though their voices are silent, their pleading lips will say,
Thanks so much Orlagh!
btimerson
CWF Global Moderator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2009, 07:50AM »

Hi Bruce:  Sorry, I can't be involved in any dinner beforehand.  The friends going with me have to work so we're waiting for them.  I haven't heard from anyone else.

BTW...  I have CW and Lisa Forum buttons for anyone who hasn't received theirs yet.

Brad

GeorgeN

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2009, 12:31PM »

Yup...  just a little.  Wednesday will soon be here!  And the Fall colors here are gorgeous!  I hope they get to see the area during the daytime.

Brad

Most of the leaves are gone, but there’s still a lot of color. The snow is also gone, but there may be wet periods. I would assume that the busses will be up and down the Thruway over this week and there is much beautiful scenery to be had. Alex has mentioned in several interviews that she is a Mormon. I hope that she gets a chance to see the locations in central NY associated with the founding of the Mormon religion. One important location (Mormon Hill) is only a few minutes outside of Rochester.

GeorgeN
btimerson
CWF Global Moderator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2009, 01:40PM »

Most of the leaves are gone, but there’s still a lot of color. The snow is also gone, but there may be wet periods. I would assume that the busses will be up and down the Thruway over this week and there is much beautiful scenery to be had. Alex has mentioned in several interviews that she is a Mormon. I hope that she gets a chance to see the locations in central NY associated with the founding of the Mormon religion. One important location (Mormon Hill) is only a few minutes outside of Rochester.
GeorgeN

I just came back from traveling between Rochester and my home this morning.  The leaves along the Thruway (I-90) were amazing!!  Oh, and I live about 10 minutes from Hill Cumorah, the Joseph Smith home, and many other historic sites associated with the Mormon religion.

I'll have my "BRAD" pin on with my Forum name underneath it. 

Brad

bpea55

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2009, 06:29PM »

Hi Bruce:  Sorry, I can't be involved in any dinner beforehand.  The friends going with me have to work so we're waiting for them.  I haven't heard from anyone else.

BTW...  I have CW and Lisa Forum buttons for anyone who hasn't received theirs yet.

Brad
Ah..Brad ..I'm bringing my sister, she couldn't do Syracuse tomorrow.
We'll be there around 7 and will look you up!
I'll have Forum Name Tags in case anybody needs them too!
Bruce

Thanks so much Orlagh!
btimerson
CWF Global Moderator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2009, 10:46AM »

Sounds like a plan, Bruce.  My wife and I and our friends should be there at about the same time.

Now....  I don't want to say too much because I want it to be a surprise in case one or more of the CW group is reading our Forum  Wink, but....

I have just delivered a "care" package to the folks at the Auditorium Theater with Rachel's name and Celtic Woman on it.  They said they would deliver it as soon as CW arrives later tonight/early tomorrow morning.  I call it "A Taste of the Finger Lakes".  After the show tomorrow and my M&G, I'll let everyone in on what I placed in the box.  Hopefully there's something for everyone to enjoy.

Beautiful day today in upstate NY.  Looks like there might be some showers around tomorrow.  At least they aren't snow showers!  Wink Grin

Brad

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: