Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A lovely quote  (Read 13438 times)
Celeste

« on: April 06, 2007, 05:05PM »

This is a very short passage, but I feel compelled to share it here, because it's such a perfect description of Chloe's princess-like appearance. It's from a recent article in an Irish newspaper, which mentions Chloe and her mother Adele King -- who is apparently a famous performer in her own right in Ireland, and goes by the stage name "Twink":

http://unison.ie/irish_independent/stories.php3?ca=45&si=1793387&issue_id=15364

Here's the quote:

The glamorous entertainer Twink looks great at 56 and to her credit has raised several beautiful daughters. Her eldest, the talented singer Chloe, has the sort of dewy skinned ethereal beauty that only the very few and very young possess.

Isn't that wonderful? Even journalists can become poetic, when speaking of Chloe...  Smiley

Sassy

Ni Caoim

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007, 05:34PM »

Her father is also famous. David Downes has worked with her Dad, matter of fact there is a page about David on the same website that has her father's official bio.
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 05:00PM »

Just in a long time ago, she and her dad are filmed in the music videos of "Nella Fantasia" and "Gabriel's Oboe". I like that quote anyway. Wink

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2007, 04:15PM »

Can you tell me more about these quotes?

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Lisa_Kelly_fan_forever
Total Fanatic

FaFo...."Why am I so Caramel Cinamonny?"

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2007, 07:04PM »

I like it.  Very suiting for Chloë. Smiley

I'd like to clarify that her father also played the oboe for Nella Fantasia on the Helix DVD, just as KAJ said.  I thought that was so cool...having a father and daughter onstage together...they're both so talented, too. Smiley

Proud to be a FANTIE!!! Grin Grin

A positive attitude may not solve all of your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. Grin
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2007, 05:05AM »

Just like a true family. Smiley Wink

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Cherany

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2007, 11:08AM »

That is a lovely quote.  Imagine her reading that written about herself and smiling with gratitude. 

I think of her voice that way, definitely.  I took a friend to the New Journey concert, who was only vaguely familiar with CW, and the whole night, she kept blinking in amazement when Chloe sang solo.  Her voice is just so youthful... I think fresh as dew describes it perfectly.  We both thought she sounded like a Disney princess come to life, even more so live than on CD.

Nero Angelo
Honorary Roadie

You will not forget this devil's power!

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2007, 11:10AM »

I'm not that fond of Disney princesses, but most people will tell you I do like Chloe... Cheesy

Cherany

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2007, 12:20PM »

Well, she's certainly worlds above them, yes.  I just mean that I think of her as a fairy tale princess, and the Disney ones always sing, don't they?  All of the women have magic voices, but Chloe's is the one that makes me think of cotton-candy clouds and castles.

Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2007, 02:42PM »

I can feel the sense of the "Water Princess of Angels".

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Celeste

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2007, 10:44PM »

I just mean that I think of her as a fairy tale princess, and the Disney ones always sing, don't they?  All of the women have magic voices, but Chloe's is the one that makes me think of cotton-candy clouds and castles.

Oh yes, I agree. I rather like Aurora (a.k.a. Briar Rose), from Disney's greatest fairy-tale film, Sleeping Beauty.

(Disney's supreme cinematic achievement always being the original Fantasia.)

Chloe reminds me very much of Aurora, with her long blonde tresses, baby-blue eyes, and sweet, clear voice. In fact, this scene from Sleeping Beauty, showing the as-yet-unknown princess walking in the forest, could have come straight from Chloe's solo DVD:

And when I see Briar Rose in the following screen capture from Sleeping Beauty, holding her namesake flower, after having just been awoken by the prince, I think how perfectly this scene could illustrate the song, "The Last Rose of Summer":

Like the princess above, Chloe is known to wear tiaras in concert (fittingly so!).  Smiley
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 10:45PM by Celeste » Logged

Cherany

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2007, 11:54AM »

Yes, Sleeping Beauty is fitting.  And now that you mention it, she does wear tiaras, doesn't she?  I never really thought much of it, but it does add to the princess air of her.

Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2007, 12:22PM »

Nobody ever decides which color dress she wears for the concert if she could be as the princess. Roll Eyes

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Celeste

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2007, 12:33PM »

Nobody ever decides which color dress she wears for the concert if she could be as the princess.

Pink! It would have to be pink.

Actuall, it's funny you mention that, because in the film Sleeping Beauty, there's a marvellous bit where two of Aurora's fairy godmothers keep disputing over the colour of her ballgown. One wants it to be pink, another wants it to be blue, and they keep magically switching the colour of the dress -- right up until the end of the film, so that in the final dance sequence, Aurora's dress shifts between pink and blue every few moments, precisely in rhythm with Tchaikowsky's waltz music. It's a beautiful scene.

Chloe too has shifted most often between blue and pink for her outfits. I'd support pink.

(Of course, if a consensus couldn't be reached, she could always go with white -- and please everyone  Smiley)

Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2007, 12:38PM »

Good choice, Celeste, let's get some pink fabric and sketch the position so she will like this.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: