Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Orinoco Flow-What are they saying??  (Read 13518 times)
Katharine
Bodhrán Player

Believe :-)

« on: August 30, 2009, 07:20PM »

Ok, I know all the lyrics to the song, but I have a question about the "de, de" part.  When watching the videos from the first DVD and TGJ, it looks like the ladies are saying more than just "de, de."  My sister and I know for certain they are saying something after the second "de."  It's either "la" or "na."  But, we're not sure.  And, it sounds like they are saying something after the first "de" as well.  Can anyone help us???  It's just one of those things that is bothering us.  Cheesy Haha!  Thanks!!

Katharine    Smiley

Thank you, Dayna, for my awesome banners!!
Katharine
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 07:24PM »

Another quick question, can anyone tell me where those videos came from on youtube of Orla, Meav, and Lisa performing "Orinoco Flow" at Slane Castle, because it's not on my "ANJ" DVD!!!  Haha!  How did people get the video?  I'm not sure if anyone can even answer this, I just thought I'd ask.    Cheesy

Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 07:27PM »

These are the original Enya lyrics:

http://www.lyricstime.com/enya-orinoco-flow-lyrics.html

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
mbojorques
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 07:32PM »

Another quick question, can anyone tell me where those videos came from on youtube of Orla, Meav, and Lisa performing "Orinoco Flow" at Slane Castle, because it's not on my "ANJ" DVD!!!  Haha!  How did people get the video?  I'm not sure if anyone can even answer this, I just thought I'd ask.    Cheesy

What video?
On the Greatest Journey DVD they have the Orinoco Flaw video from both Slane Castle and the Helix DVD mixed together.
CWLisaFan
Choir Member

Life is good. :)

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2009, 07:34PM »

Yeah, but on youtube, people have the whole video from just the ANJ concert....not the split version.   Huh

Feeling so lucky for having met Lisa, Lynn, Chloe, Mairead & Orlagh!!

Ready for Symphony and Believe!!!
Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2009, 07:37PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3X-xncwshgY

There ya go and lyrics!  Wink

Thanks Lindsey
Katharine
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2009, 07:43PM »

Awesome, thank you!!!!!!   Smiley

Lisa and Helen fanatic
Bodhrán Player

Lisa K ALWAYS brightens my day no matter what.

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2009, 10:07PM »

To answer your question, I dont know why this is but there are two different versions of ANJ.  One that has OF and one that doesnt. I guess you ended up with the version without OF.  LisaLover7 ended up having that problem too.

I love my Kelly sisters! Cheesy
lovelycherylwinner
Total Fanatic

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2009, 12:58AM »

The link to you-tube says! un-deh-un-deh-na. But I have trouble hearing the na in the song. It is still one of my fav Celtic Woman songs and I listen to it at least 2 or 3 times a day.

Steven M.

The treasure of true freindship will never lose its glow.
Celtic Lass
Total Fanatic

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2009, 06:30AM »

To answer your question, I dont know why this is but there are two different versions of ANJ.  One that has OF and one that doesnt. I guess you ended up with the version without OF.  LisaLover7 ended up having that problem too.

Yikes! I'm glad I got the one with OF. I wasen't aware of that 'issue'. Cause I would have been mad if I didn't get it!
Katharine
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2009, 10:35AM »

Sad Sad Sad Sad  I didn't know there were two different versions.  Well, at least I have youtube (because I do prefer the ANJ version over the first DVD, just because of the "wave" and the fact they have more movement!!   Grin

Parker Gabriel

The British Isles may become all I have left.

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2010, 01:38PM »

The lyrics to "Orinoco Flow (Sail Away)" were written by Roma Ryan, who had been one of Enya's longest-standing collaborators and/or collaboratrices since her solo debut. The reference to "Rob Dickins at the wheel" stems from the fact that Mr. Dickins is the executive producer, for Enya's record label, of such of her albums as "Watermark," from which Enya's original version of this is drawn.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 02:10PM by Parker Gabriel » Logged

The British Isles may become all I have left.
KerriC
Honorary Roadie

Ireland must be heaven...for Lisa came from there.

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2010, 02:54PM »

Ok, I know all the lyrics to the song, but I have a question about the "de, de" part.  When watching the videos from the first DVD and TGJ, it looks like the ladies are saying more than just "de, de."  My sister and I know for certain they are saying something after the second "de."  It's either "la" or "na."  But, we're not sure.  And, it sounds like they are saying something after the first "de" as well.  Can anyone help us???  It's just one of those things that is bothering us.  Cheesy Haha!  Thanks!!

Katharine    Smiley

These are the "Celtic Woman" lyrics, but you're right they do make a sound after each of the "de's" but I don't thinks an actual word. To me it sounds like de, n de, da

Thank you CWLisaFan for helping me get this banner!

Thank you Western_Rose for this awesome banner : )
smiley_redhead
Honorary Roadie

Celtic Woman is aMéaving! :D

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2010, 04:14PM »

I've always wondered that too.... LOL Cheesy

I have the version with Orinocco Flow on it Cheesy I don't think Rain does though Sad

Dear Meav, you are my idol.
KerriC
Honorary Roadie

Ireland must be heaven...for Lisa came from there.

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2010, 05:20PM »

On the New Journey DVD they are going back and forth between the Helix performance and the Slane Castle performance, both with Lisa, Meav & Orla.

Thank you CWLisaFan for helping me get this banner!

Thank you Western_Rose for this awesome banner : )
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: