Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "The Prayer Song"  (Read 8809 times)
shankdee
Honorary Roadie

"We were all talking about you" said Lisa Kelly

« on: September 02, 2009, 08:39AM »

Smiley "THE PRAYER SONG"

I remember exactly the first time I heard this song...it was on the DVD from Slane Castle ...I had checked it out
      of the library..Chloe walked to the top of the ramp and turned around as the others exited. I was pretty much
      tranfixed, and didn't really understand all the words at first..now if it was on the HELIX ...then I have a memory
      fault...but the first time I head the song really sticks in my mind...my DVD's are packed away as I am moving, so I have
      not seen them lately-have my cds here at school.

What do you all think of the Prayer Song and Do you remember the first time you heard/saw Chloe sing it?
      It is also on her Album "Walking in the Air"..so she was 13...am i correct?

Shankdee

Thanks For my Beautiful Deirdre Banner...GodsHorseGirl* * *
BrianH_2009
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 09:00AM »

I heard the song for the first time when the Slane DVD hit the PBS airwaves here in Oregon. I didn't think much of it at first but it has grown on me over time. Yeah Chloe! Cheesy

Old Guy

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 09:17AM »

I lke The Prayer a lot. It shows just the slightest hints of what her voice would become as she grew up. You can find the lyrics at http://cwdisco.net76.net/info.php?sid=27&s=1.

Gary

They traveled across the angry sea in 1849
With all that they could carry
They traveled sick, they traveled blind
Their home, the starving island, just a photo in their mind
They buried the dead at sea, winter 1849

(1849 by The Elders)
Jeanine
Honorary Roadie

Christmas Symphony Tour was WONderful!!

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2009, 12:00PM »

I had heard this song numerous times before I ever knew about Chloë.  But the first time I actually heard her sing it was probably on her Walking in the Air CD as I believe that was re-released before they did the Slane Castle special and I bought it when it was re-released.

"Come to Me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." - Jesus Christ
(Matthew 11:28)
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2009, 12:33PM »

I typed this for the Wikipedia:

The youngest member of Celtic Woman, Chloë Agnew covered the English version of this song for both, her self-titled and Walking in the Air albums with the help of her composer David Downes. The music video of this song for her solo DVD reveals that she wears a hooded outfit and holds a pink, yellow, turquoise and indigo umbrella with a ponytail braid walking past the beach in a cloudy day. In Celtic Woman: A New Journey, she sings it live on the stage.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 12:35PM by KAJ » Logged

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Natalia
Bodhrán Player

May 12 was a wonderful day!

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2009, 06:10PM »

My choir sang this last year and hearing Chloe sing it later was a pleasant surprise!

cahham

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2009, 09:18PM »

This was the first song I heard Chloe sing live. Totally amazing to hear in person and is still one of my favorites!

Lisa

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: