Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thoughts.... Powerscourt, (SFTH Tour) a few more pics and those awesome links !  (Read 103661 times)
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #135 on: April 21, 2012, 05:38PM »

I think I'll pull out my  Powers Court DVD as soon as I get home.  Reading these posts has planted that desire within me. I keep this DVD in my rotation(as well as the others) because I enjoy the variety.  Wink

aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #136 on: April 21, 2012, 06:15PM »

This brings all the great memories back again!  Thank you so much!  

If you had told me 5 years ago that I would travel to Ireland and stand in a line for 2 1/2 hours, two nights in a row (!), and race madly for the best seat I could get... well, I would have considered it a malicious fantasy!  Not worthy of response or even comment!  But I did and I loved every single minute of it.   What's really weird is that the lines were actually quite enjoyable with all the fellow fans and all the CW chat and camaraderie with people from all over the world.  Like Richard said, my kids can't believe that I've become a musical groupie at my age!

Oh, and the bugs!  I had already blocked out the bugs!

haha..wouldn't I wish to have known sooner!

I love you're banner, Do you still have the picture of Alex on the left? I've never seen that pic before.

It's from the TGJ press photos. You can find them here: http://celticwomanforum.com/index.php?topic=5832.0.

aislin
Maloney
Featured Soloist

« Reply #137 on: May 16, 2012, 09:01AM »

I still wonder why this song wasnt included somewhere on the new "Believe"....   Huh

When You Believe
http://www.youtube.com/user/celticwomanvid#p/u/9/w4-rBF1UM3o

=)  yes!! We got to go ! 
Then there was Atlanta !
Maloney
Featured Soloist

« Reply #138 on: August 20, 2012, 07:30AM »

Linde, It was truely a magical event.  I hope the good feelings we all shared will last for many years.

Another year is passing....  Many changes in the group since Powerscourt, but it still has a special place in my memories....
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 08:34PM by Maloney » Logged

=)  yes!! We got to go ! 
Then there was Atlanta !
oregongirl29
« Reply #139 on: August 20, 2012, 06:05PM »

This brings all the great memories back again!  Thank you so much!  

If you had told me 5 years ago that I would travel to Ireland and stand in a line for 2 1/2 hours, two nights in a row (!), and race madly for the best seat I could get... well, I would have considered it a malicious fantasy!  Not worthy of response or even comment!  But I did and I loved every single minute of it.   What's really weird is that the lines were actually quite enjoyable with all the fellow fans and all the CW chat and camaraderie with people from all over the world.  Like Richard said, my kids can't believe that I've become a musical groupie at my age!

Oh, and the bugs!  I had already blocked out the bugs!

haha..wouldn't I wish to have known sooner!

I love you're banner, Do you still have the picture of Alex on the left? I've never seen that pic before.

It's from the TGJ press photos. You can find them here: http://celticwomanforum.com/index.php?topic=5832.0.

aislin

Thank You
Maloney
Featured Soloist

« Reply #140 on: November 03, 2012, 11:03AM »

Hard to imagine, that this post has been read nearly 16 thousand times.  I use the links when I want to remember the great times we had. Smiley
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 11:20PM by Maloney » Logged

=)  yes!! We got to go ! 
Then there was Atlanta !
Maloney
Featured Soloist

« Reply #141 on: January 17, 2013, 09:44AM »

Another year is passing....  Many changes in the group since Powerscourt, but it still has a special place in my memories....

and now Lisa has moved on.....   So glad this event was on DVD

=)  yes!! We got to go ! 
Then there was Atlanta !
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #142 on: January 17, 2013, 04:14PM »

I would have loved to have been there!  It is only a pipe dream that I would ever make it to Ireland.... maybe if I win the lottery.  Roll Eyes   but a fella can hope. It was such a delightful blend of  music too. 

Maloney
Featured Soloist

« Reply #143 on: August 06, 2013, 12:56AM »

and now there is only one.......    So sad to hear Chloe is leaving....

=)  yes!! We got to go ! 
Then there was Atlanta !
Maloney
Featured Soloist

« Reply #144 on: October 23, 2013, 11:51AM »

Smiley

So cool to see that this post has been read over 20,000 times !!

=)  yes!! We got to go ! 
Then there was Atlanta !
Maloney
Featured Soloist

« Reply #145 on: March 02, 2014, 01:02PM »

wonder which songs Lynn will be performing in Emerald.......

My Lagan Love
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYT5NKAIYI8&feature=channel

=)  yes!! We got to go ! 
Then there was Atlanta !
Dinozzzo
Honorary Roadie

The biggest French Fan

« Reply #146 on: March 02, 2014, 01:15PM »

wonder which songs Lynn will be performing in Emerald.......

My Lagan Love
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYT5NKAIYI8&feature=channel

I'm almost sure that she will sing My Lagan Love and Dulaman because it was written on a set list that a fan has seen on the floor near of the stage.

03/06/2010 : Wallingford, CT, United States
06/28/2011 : Hamburg, Deutschland
09/23/2011 : Paris, France
05/17/2012 : Dusseldorf, Deutschland
10/23/2013 : Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Maloney
Featured Soloist

« Reply #147 on: September 20, 2014, 09:28PM »

wow haven't been at this post in a while......    You were right about Lynn's song!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 08:18AM by Maloney » Logged

=)  yes!! We got to go ! 
Then there was Atlanta !
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #148 on: September 22, 2014, 05:52PM »

went here on my trip!  Can definitely see why they choose this spot to do the taping!  It was absolutely breathtaking! And we did the whole hour walk tour around the grounds and one area was more beautiful than the next! We even got sandwiched from the building and ate it in a little gazebo in the Chinese garden there, and the surroundings were just magical! Then staring from the pond straight to the building was just an amazing experience! And even closer to the building, which is the part the girls used in the taping, was just breathtaking! And definitely could see why again, they used that location! I definitely could picture the how the night went that evening especially from the girls point of view! From walking out the doors, to looking out to the crowd and scenery and yes I slightly had to pretend I was dancing and sing the girls songs a little bit!  But you can tell there was some sort of amazing energy from that building and surroundings!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
Maloney
Featured Soloist

« Reply #149 on: September 22, 2014, 10:09PM »

I have said it many times .... It was a magical time.  So many things came together. 
So glad you were able to visit.

=)  yes!! We got to go ! 
Then there was Atlanta !
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: