Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ALL-IRELAND Hurling Final  (Read 3163 times)
Maggie
« on: September 03, 2009, 05:45AM »

TIPPERARY V KILKENNY 6th September 3:30pm Dublin time 10:30am EST

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_All-Ireland_Senior_Hurling_Championship_Final

I have been pre-occupied this week of course, but on Sunday I will have to tune in to Tipp FM Radio, if none of the local Irish Pubs are showing the All-Ireland Final.
This is not the Irish equivalent of the Super Bowl, it is much more important than that! Cheesy
I will be wearing my Tipperary shirt and feeling very homesick.
I got an e-mail from our family Garda.....she is a Tipperary girl stationed in Kilkenny, so she has decorated her corner of the Cop-Shop in Tipp Colours.....she is getting a lot of teasing of course.

A Newsletter:

West Europe Newsletter: September 3, 2009
WEST EUROPE :
EuropeanIrish.com connects people interested in Irish culture & activities
to Irish Resources, Events and News - in Continental Europe

One of the Biggest Weekends of the year - in Irish Pubs with Irish Sports Coverage
The Best West Europe Irish Pubs with GAA and Irish Soccer Internatinal coverage are in for a blockbuster weekend

The 3 Biggest days of the year - for top Irish Pubs in Europe, are St Patricks Day, The All-Ireland Gaelic Football Final and the All-Ireland Hurling Final. These are followed closely by Irish Soccer (football) World Cup & European Championship/Qualification matches.

This weekend is All-Ireland Hurling Final weekend, with 2 of the rival kingpins of Hurling coming face to face with clash of the ash at 3:30pm on Sunday 6th September. Tipperary V Kilkenny.
Kilkenny are going for 4 in a row all-Ireland wins, Tipperary have arguably for the past 2 years, been the only other team to compete at Kilkenny's level (with respect to Waterford and Limerick)- or with hopes of the rest of the nation - to come close to Kilkenny's level.

On Sunday - Irish Pubs with any interest in Ireland, Irishness, and Irish sport, will televise Live All-Ireland Final Coverage.

On Saturday, Republic of Ireland will play a World Cup Qualification soccer match against Cyprus in Cyprus. This is a crucial qualifier match for the Irish, and with only matches against Italy and Montenegro remaining after this, a win is crucial for the team. Every Irish soccer fan in Europe will look for a top Irish Pub on Saturday.

The Irish will travel 100km and more to find an Irish Pub showing live coverage of sports matches - soccer, rugby or GAA, that they wish to watch.

This is the weekend to get to your local Irish Pub - one of the biggest weekends of the year, for the Irish in Irish pubs in Europe! East and Central Europe!
All good Irish Pubs will complete the weekend with Live Music throughout the weekend.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 07:59AM by Maggie » Logged
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 07:45AM »

All good Irish Pubs will complete the weekend with Live Music throughout the weekend.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Grin

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
Maggie
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 08:17AM »

That's the understatement of the year!!!

I would give ANYTHING to be at Croke Park in Dublin on Sunday......or the middle of Thurles would be next best.....
or...a little pub I know in a certain little village.....
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 09:57AM »

Or anyplace in the Republic

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
SusanZ
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2009, 02:18PM »

GO TIPPERARY!!!!

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
Maggie
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2009, 08:58AM »

I'm listening online to the Final on RTE Radio Sunday Sports.

The score is 6-6 Even.  Latest - Tipp go ahead!!!  Tipp 10 - Kilkenny 8

Pray for Tipperary!!!

And young Noel McGrath of Loughmore! They'll make him Mayor if he scores the winner!

Got to go - this is exciting - just listen to the commentators!!! They keep lapsing into Irish  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Oh Lord this is making me so homesick!

« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 09:01AM by Maggie » Logged
Maggie
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2009, 02:42PM »

Well....it was a very exciting game.

Disappointing result for Tipperary though.. Cry  ....they were leading with only minutes to go.....
they had a man sent off for a foul....so they played 20 minutes with only 14 men.
Then Kilkenny scores a couple of goals......
here's the report:

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/championship/2009/0906/kilkenny_tipperary_.html

In typical style, the folks in Tipp are going out celebrating anyway!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: