Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PBS timing on airing CW  (Read 9837 times)
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« on: October 02, 2009, 05:34PM »

Have any of you seen any CW so far on your local PBS, advertising for the 2010 shows? I havent. And thats strange. In the past, local PBS always started airing CW shows in September and announced the show for the following March.  I always tried to pounce as soon as I could on tickets. Another strange thing, I e-mailed PBS about this and I havent got a return e-mail yet. Thats very strange. My past communications have always been quick with them. They have always been great, not only to respond, but respond fast as well. But, maybe I am just paranoid.

So have any of you also seen a change in the usual timing of all this? Anyone know whats going on, if anything? Could be a number of reasons, and could be they are just running late this year. No need to panic, I suppose. <momentarily stops pulling whats left of hair out>  Cheesy

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
rick,

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 06:13PM »

I believe the Powerscourt dvd will be released to the PBS stations pn Novemeber 28th. Therefore the telethons for the spring will not be until that date. This is a copy of an email I received a few months ago from John

In the Fall the group will be returning to the United States for a further short tour. Celtic Woman are currently planning a Spring tour of the US in Feb 2010 that will continue until the end of June. Once dates and venues have been confirmed they will be posted on the web site.

Later in the year we will be releasing a  DVD / CD of their new concert that was filmed for PBS Television on 29/30th July at Powerscourt , Co Wicklow, Ireland. Many Celtic Woman Fans from North America, Europe & Asia travelled to Ireland to be present at Powerscourt. A wonderful time was had by all the visitors. The DVD should be spectacular, with fireworks in the background for some of the music. Wait until you see them sing "O America" and fireworks in the colours of the American flag. The DVD / CD will feature many of the songs that were sung at the Isle of Hope concert.

The new DVD will be aired by PBS from November 28th onwards. Check your local station for details. The DVD will be available from PBS at this time and will go on general release on January 2010.

Máiréad Nesbitt Fan Club www.maireadfanclub.com
Natalia
Bodhrán Player

May 12 was a wonderful day!

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 06:36PM »

For anyone who lives in Washington, Powercourt is set to air on November 30th.

And there isn't much information about tour dates as of right now, but I think that will change in the next few weeks.

Tom~Tom

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2009, 05:12AM »

And there isn't much information about tour dates as of right now, but I think that will change in the next few weeks.
November 30th 8PM is also the date/time for the WHRO broadcast in the Norfolk and Virginia peninsula area.

Tom~Tom
RetPgmr
Total Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2009, 11:21AM »

That's the date for the showing on KCTS out of Seattle.

KBTC out of Tacoma will be air the show on November 28th @ 8:30pm.

LISAFAN4EVER
Choir Member

Lisa's my hero!

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2009, 11:26AM »

GPB(Georgia) has listed Nov. 29th at 5pm. I've e-mailed a few PBS stations just today.

btimerson
CWF Global Moderator
Total Fanatic

Made it to ForumFest 2012 in Chicago!

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 07:22AM »

WXXI - Rochester, NY - has the new show "Songs from the Heart" listed for showing on Saturday, November 28th at 8:00 pm Eastern Time.

At the Rochester concert on October 28th, I spoke with the person in charge of programming at WXXI and he said that the show would also air on Sunday, Dec. 6th.  Nothing certain on that date yet.

Brad T

Ggunsailor
Total Fanatic

Fill my glass, I'll sing a song!

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2009, 10:55AM »

Hmm, we haven't got anything yet. Well, maybe I'll call KCOS and ask them when they'll air it.

"Music is something one can never be with out."-Me
rfd452002
Total Fanatic

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2009, 01:43PM »

I have had the same problem Cash, I emailed my local PBS station and no response. Their website say it will be aired on the 28th but it does not give an exact time.

thanks rain
LISAFAN4EVER
Choir Member

Lisa's my hero!

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2009, 06:34AM »

SCETV has listed   ETV:  11/28 @ 7pm  and SC Channel: 11/28 @ 9:30pm.

GlenS

am admin at the all New Celticwomanforum.net

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2009, 10:20AM »

Hey guys and gals i just got this today for thous that live here in Wisconsin

Dear glen,
You're not being a pest - you're a fan. And we appreciate your desire to make your donation to WPT. We now have this new program scheduled to air on November 30 at 7 p.m; 12/6 at 2:30 pm; and 12/9 at 7 p.m. I have learned that there will be concert tickets offered. I don't have any other information on the concert except that I believe it is in February. I do not have information on the level of giving needed to get the tickets, but I imagine we will require credit card payment. I also have not seen any information on the new CD or DVD that will be offered. The additional dates for airing the program after November 30 are tentative, and like any pledge programming, are subject to change.

I have to assume that if they are doing a "meet and greet" that we will be offered tickets to use as premiums also.

I hope this information is helpful.

Ann Collins
Audience & Member Services
Wisconsin Public Television

Wickster
Honorary Roadie

Class of 2011!

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2009, 10:22AM »

I'm not sure this is where i post..but does anyone know when Wilkes Barre PBS (WVIA) will be airing the Powerscourt Taping?

"Even when they have nothing, the Irish emit a kind of happiness, a joy."
-Fiona Shaw
Antiup

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2009, 11:07AM »

Just got off the phone with PBS in Pasadena. They will be airing the show on 29 NOV 09 at 8pm. Only Cd's and DVD's can be purchased. No tour dates confirmed as of today.  Hope this helps all the LA peeps.  Grin
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2009, 12:17PM »

wvuz pbs wont be airing it in cleveland till dec.3!  ugh!   I bet its worth the wait though!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
CelticWomanFan425
Honorary Roadie

I saw Meav perform for the 1st time on 3/10/15

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2009, 01:15PM »

for those who live in Pgh PA, can someone call to ask when they will be airing the show on PBS or WQED?  I dont know which one would be airing it in Pgh in the 1st place

I met David Downes,Susan McFadden, Lynn, Lisa K(2x), Eabha, Mairead N, Mairead C, Chloe(2x), Lisa Lambe(2x), Orla, Anthony Byrne & Sarah Gannon, Edel Chan Murphy, Ewan Cowley (2x) & Roisin Dempsey.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: