Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Deirdre just taped a new DVD with Celtic Thunder  (Read 52491 times)
Thomas
Total Fanatic

I am The Voice - I will remain (Thank You CC)

« on: October 04, 2009, 05:47AM »

Hello Gang,

This is a portion of an announcement I found on Deirdre's forum, have a read:

We would like to take this opportunity to announce Deirdre's new association with the group Celtic Thunder!  She has successfully completed her first taping with PBS on October 1st & 2nd.  It was taped at the International Center in Mississauga Ontario in a packed audience of 2000 members each night!  The show was produced by Sharon Browne with composer and musical director Phil Coulter.  Deirdre has joined forces with vocalists Damion Mc Ginty, Keith Harkin, Paul Byrom, Ryan Kelly, George Donaldson, and Neil Byrne.

I wish Deirdre well with her new accomplishments.

Tom

Banner by Scott

IDIC - Live long and prosper
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 05:49AM »

What will she be? Lead vocalist?

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
BrianH_2009
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2009, 06:02AM »

Congratulations Deirdre! I can't wait to see this! Cheesy
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2009, 07:37AM »

Yep, this is the big event I hinted at a couple of months ago.  I guess the cat's out of the proverbial bag now, huh?   Cheesy

This is a HUGE career move for our pal Deirdre, and I hope it brings her all the success and happiness she so richly deserves.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Ganconagh

Resistance is futile

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2009, 08:51AM »

Do you know if this is this a one-time deal for PBS, or is it a multi-show thing?  LOTD is completed (I think), and Celtic Thunder is on tour; so can we look for Deirdre to be coming to a venue near us?

"Face piles of trials with smiles.  It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free."
L.A. Girl

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2009, 09:04AM »

Deirdre is touring with the group Ragus at the moment. They are going to perform in Holland and then in Japan. The DVD that Deirdre taped w/ Celtic Thunder probably won't be released until spring. We won't be able to see it live until next fall as CT is still doing their Take Me Home show. Hope this helps.

Dianne
Ganconagh

Resistance is futile

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2009, 09:23AM »

Thanks, Dianne.  I guess if I had read the other thread recently, I would have known that!  (Oh well, can't help being greedy sometimes!) 

"Face piles of trials with smiles.  It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free."
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2009, 09:49AM »

Stay tuned for more news.   Wink

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2009, 10:28AM »

Way to go Deirdre!!  I will definitely be waiting for more information on buying this DVD!!

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2009, 12:43PM »

What will she be? Lead vocalist?
This is a good question. What extent does she perform with the group?

I would suspect that she is more a guest artist, performing on 2 or maybe 3 songs. Sort of like Zara and the pretty young lady fiddler that danced (no offence, she has a lot of talent, but a certain other lady has the monopoly on the dancin' fiddlin' schtick!)  Deirdre would be a great female presence to compliment the 5 male principles. Also, any CW fans who may have not warmed up to CT will now take more notice. Looks like I must now plan to attend CT concerts.

If Deirdre has a greater role, say, actually more like joining as a principle, thats a big time change in the group's whole strategy and image. Thats a VERY interesting change, and it would be great for Deirdre and CT!

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
Colleen
Total Fanatic

Semper Fi

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2009, 02:55PM »

I'm definately curious to see what she'll be preforming. Congrats to Deirdre and I hope her career skyrockets because of this.

Thanks Mel!
Coleen
Global Moderator Emeritus

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2009, 03:48PM »

Congrats, Deirdre!  Can't wait to see the DVD!  Smiley

Thank you for the lovely banner, Mel.
SusanZ
CWF Global Moderator
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2009, 03:48PM »

Congrats to Deirdre!! That DVD is definitely on my "must buy" list!! I hope this is the start of MANY good things for the lovely Deirdre!

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2009, 04:11PM »

Um, I was just asking you a question.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
CelticWomanFan425
Honorary Roadie

I saw Meav perform for the 1st time on 3/10/15

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2009, 11:43AM »

I just became a Celtic Thunder fan last month and this news is awesome b/c It will make me get my 1st CT DVD!

I met David Downes,Susan McFadden, Lynn, Lisa K(2x), Eabha, Mairead N, Mairead C, Chloe(2x), Lisa Lambe(2x), Orla, Anthony Byrne & Sarah Gannon, Edel Chan Murphy, Ewan Cowley (2x) & Roisin Dempsey.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: