Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Columbia Review  (Read 3545 times)
White Rose
Honorary Roadie

« on: October 25, 2009, 08:44PM »

So I got home oh ten minutes ago (at the time I start writing this review. Don't know how long this will take)? Anyway, the simple version: SQUEE *jumps up and down screaming* YAY!

Right anyway let's see:
1) Goodnight My Angel. Holy cow. Both mine and my dad's favorite.
2) When You Believe. Can Chloe get any better? Every time I ask that somehow she does, so there you go.
3) True Colors almost made me cry, which rarely happens.
4) Last Rose of Summer. Still think Chloe/Lynn is better than Hayley and Meav just because their voices do this crazy awesome meld thing.
5) Orinoco Flow. Yes, I did know they finally allowed Chloe to sing in this one but it wasn't like I could imagine it.
6) Danny Boy. My dad and I both want more a capella harmonies because they're just so good.
7) Shenandoah. Dad and I both want them to sing it almost a capella, as Mairead must play it.
Cool The Voice was amazingly awesome. Always is.
9) Percussion is freakingly amazingly awesomely awesome, and crazy awesome. 'Nuff said.

Um more later when I'm not tired perhaps?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 08:48PM by White Rose » Logged
jillebeans
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 09:28PM »

Glad you were able to go and by the sounds of it you had a great time. Cant wait for you review.  Smiley
White Rose
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 08:41AM »

My session timed out so I have to rewrite this! WHY DIDN'T I CONTROL C IT FIRST! *is not amused* I’m typing it up in MS Word this time…

So yesterday I was going completely loopy waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and then it was finally 6:30 so my dad and I headed downtown. Seats were pretty far but I could still see everything. It would have been better if we remembered to bring binoculars, but oh well. So we started talking about stuff- coffeehouse at one church downtown that’s pretty well known in the folk-music circuit to a bunch of different bands, and yes the connections were slightly insane. So we're waiting and waiting and waiting and then...

The Sky and the Dawn and the Sun- As awesome as always. After they started I realized there'd be that one extra verse and then they sang it.
Field of Gold- Lisa was amazing. Her annunciation could’ve been a bit better but I shan’t complain.
Coast of Galicia- Holy cow that one’s gorgeous. I want it on cd already!
Dulaman- Lynn’s great and flirty in this song.
Orinoco Flow- They let Chloe sing! I knew from other reviews they did but I could not imagine it!
True Colors- Alex was amazing and almost made me cry.
When You Believe- Obvious proof that Chloe just gets better and better.
Isle of Hope, Isle of Tears- Gorgeous.
The Blessing- Love it love it love it. Wondering when Lisa was going to sing The Voice, then had a horrifying thought she wasn’t going to sing it, but then I remembered from everyone’s reviews that yes she was so then the Blessing was a bit better. My mind scares me sometimes.
Granuail's Dance- Typical Mairead. ‘Nuff said.
Goodnight My Angel- Both my dad’s and my favorite. I could just fall asleep listening to that, which is actually a compliment.
Danny Boy- Gorgeous. They really need to do more a capella stuff to show off harmonies, oh yes they do.
Mo Ghile Mear- I was in shock that it was already time for intermission. Still good.

So then I was sitting and waiting until…

The Call- I love that song. There you go.
Carolina Rua- Lynn looked like she was having a blast dancing around.
You’ll Be in My Heart- Gorgeous.
Last Rose of Summer- Lynn and Chloe’s voices did that crazy melding thing so well, which is why I love it more than Meav/Hayley’s version.
Last Rose/ Fantasia- So pretty.
Nella Fantasia- Chloe is amazing. ‘Nuff said.
At the Ceili- So much fun.
Shenandoah- So so pretty. Still think Mairead sounds better when she’s not running around. The tone quality is better. My dad thinks they should all sing Shenandoah, and you know what so do I.
Contradiction- A blast as always.
Have I Told You Lately- So so so pretty.
The Voice- Amazingly gorgeous as always. My dad was particularly impressed by Lisa’s belt and thinks she needs to use it more often.
Sing Out- What is there to say? I do not know.
Oh America- Sheer awesomeness.
You Raise Me Up- Love that they kept that one verse in. Oh yes I do.
Mo Ghile Mear- Mairead’s awesome thing she does at the bridge. I was very sad at this point, knowing there was only one more song.
Spanish Lady- Still love this song. It was awesome and then it ended and then I was very very very sad. Yes, I did need to put 3 verys in that sentence.

Right. Light show was really cool, and I loved the pictures they had up. The choir was awesome and they definitely deserve more credit. Yes, I know we give them the credit they deserve but everyone needs to. More credit to all the behind the scenes people. The musicians were awesome. I’m not much of a fan of the Uilleann pipes because I’ve been listening to the Great Highland Bagpipe for far too many years, so the Uilleann’s not shrill enough for me. That’s pretty much the only complaint I actually have, and it’s not much of a complaint. The percussion was crazy awesome. Actually, with the seats my dad and I were in, if I was closer it’d probably had been too loud for me, but I don’t actually know the acoustics of the Koger Center so I can’t really say.

Still think the choir should get a song of their own so they can show off.

I think my first review was better, so reminding everyone who’s writing a long post: copy it before you post so you don’t have to rewrite everything again!
White Rose
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 09:03AM »

Oh, and something else I remembered: I fasted for an entire month. No present members of Celtic Woman whatsoever.

It made it so much better. If you can survive for a month with no CW before a concert, do it. It will be extremely difficult, but it is completely worth it.
Gambit

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2009, 12:53PM »

Cool review.

Thanks for the buttons, Rich!

God bless our troops!
GeorgeN

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2009, 06:11PM »

...... the simple version: SQUEE *jumps up and down screaming* YAY!  ......

Does this mean that you liked the concert?  Cool

Great review!!

GeorgeN
GeorgeN

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2009, 06:21PM »

........ Wondering when Lisa was going to sing The Voice, then had a horrifying thought she wasn’t going to sing it, but then I remembered from everyone’s reviews that yes she was......

It’s gone from the new TV show. Perhaps we should all go on strike if they don’t put The Voice back in for next year’s tour!  Wink

GeorgeN
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: