Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rochester Review  (Read 3940 times)
btimerson
CWF Global Moderator
Total Fanatic

Made it to ForumFest 2012 in Chicago!

« on: October 29, 2009, 09:46AM »

Here's a continuation of the message I started last night.

The show can be a surprise the first time you see it live, especially since it has so much more intensity than can be felt when watching the DVD.  Our friends, seeing the concert for the first time, commented on this right away.  We sat on risers in the Pit section and the view of the performers was amazing.  Several times during the show Mairead, Lisa, Alex, Lynn and Chloe made eye contact with me so that I could give them a big smile!  At the beginning of the show I got a pretty good laugh out of Chloe because I was singing right along with her!  Every one of the performers has something to offer that's just a bit different than the others.  But together, wow.  Whether singing in unison (how well do those voices blend?!) or harmony (how about "Danny Boy" in 4-part harmony) they just seem to capture the audience.  Their facial expressions are priceless, especially when they are dancing around.  At one point during "At The Ceili", Lisa and Alex were swinging each other in a circle and you could tell by the expression on their faces that they were trying to out-spin the other.  Great stuff.

And yup, Mairead is still a real piece of work - in a wonderful way!  She can really play that fiddle and loves to show off her "dancing" talents.  Her facial expressions are so funny.

We met Ray after the show as he went down the hallway we were in as we lined up for the M&G.  I made sure he understood how much we appreciated the show!

"Isle of hope, Isle of Tears" was stunning!  Such emotion.  I'm sure several of them could see that my eyes had a bit of "mist" in them.  
I already mentioned that "At the Ceili" was great fun.  Everyone dancing around with great facial expressions!
I love "The Call" as the opening song for the second act.  Gets everyone awake in a hurry.  Beautiful song.
Even though I know the show is about to end, the part from "The Voice" until the end is my favorite part.  Lisa continues to amaze me during "The Voice".  Such power, such emotion.  I LOVE that song and I LOVE that Lisa owns it!  She received a very long standing ovation after that song.

Chloe's speech before "Oh America!" has increased in length since I saw the show last.  She spent a lot of time thanking people for coming out in bad weather (just a little drizzle) and apologizing for not coming to Rochester for a couple years. (actually, they've never played in Rochester, always in Canandaigua at the outdoor theater).  Everyone loved her speech and we gave "Oh America!" a standing ovation that was just as enthusiastic and long as after "The Voice".  From there on out, we were pretty much on our feet clapping to the beat or applauding the music until the end of the show.  Pretty good considering I thought the average age of the audience was, let's say, much older than I am (I'm 59).    

Afterwards, we got to meet ALEX (whom we hadn't met yet, so now our group photo has all the signatures) and LISA (my favorite).  Lisa said "Hi" to me BY NAME when I was still several people away from her in line.  We've only met once before!  She is incredibly down-to-earth, beautiful, talented,....  her parents should be very proud of the daughter they raised! (as is the case for all the girls!)   My wife asked Lisa how the kids were doing and she said "great".  Alex greeted us enthusiastically - very friendly young lady.  I told her how much I liked her voice and how glad we were that she was with Celtic Woman.  She asked us how long we had been coming to CW concerts and I told her since July, 2005.  She was totally surprised!

All in all, a pretty good evening!     Now, on to Buffalo Saturday.  Unfortunately, no M&G for us this time.

Brad T

« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 11:09AM by btimerson » Logged

Gambit

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 10:22AM »

Awesome review!

Thanks for the buttons, Rich!

God bless our troops!
Texas Celtic Girl
Honorary Roadie

There can be Miracles,when you believe!

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 12:24PM »

Great review! thanks!

Thanks,Guardian and Annie!
8/17/10  Finally met Rosie Allen! Thanks,CW!
SusanZ
CWF Global Moderator
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 01:20PM »

Great review, Brad!!

It always amazes me too when they remember your name considering how many fans they have met over the course of several years. Just goes to prove that not only are they beautiful and talented, but they have  uncanny memory banks! Grin

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
GeorgeN

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2009, 10:23PM »

Here's a continuation of the message I started last night....... Great stuff.

Chloe's speech before "Oh America!" has increased in length since I saw the show last.  She spent a lot of time thanking people for coming out in bad weather...... Brad T

Great review Brad!

I was at this show (thanks for the buttons) and at Syracuse the night before. Chloe’s speech was definitely longer and more ad lib in Rochester and I’m sure it was because the audience response was a lot more enthusiastic. She had a really hard time getting the folks to sit down and stop clapping and you could see the girls looking at each other with that ‘can you believe this?’ look. Maybe the Rochester audience was just trying to keep warm since the weather was so cool and rainy compared to the beautiful evening in Syracuse. Anyway, the girls seemed more up-beat in Rochester and were really having a good time. Alex seemed to have a special twinkle in her eyes. I saw Chloe mouth a ‘hi’, along with a wave to someone in the front row, and at the end, as she was leaving the stage she did a sort of jumping thing with a big smile right in front of the base player, obviously sharing a happy moment with him.

As for the performance: there were slight differences between the two nights. I think Lisa really nailed The Voice better in Rochester, and in general the performances in this fall tour are, if anything, even better than back in the spring. About the only things I liked better in Syracuse were the nice weather, the beautiful theater, and seeing Máiréad and the piano player walk by arm-in-arm outside of the bar we were waiting for the show in. In Syracuse the theater takes up an entire city block, so the trucks and busses must park on the city street. Although they block off the sidewalk the entire cast has to walk past the corner bar to get into the theater.

One thing my wife and I learned in Rochester: from now on we’re going to spring for close seats (front row if possible) and try to get to theater performances versus arenas.

GeorgeN
lovelycherylwinner
Total Fanatic

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2009, 12:51AM »

Great review Brad. Youre one of those big fans out there and they remember their big fans. Every review is almost the same. Fans go and see a great show and just have the times of their lives. A CW concert is one of the best thingsto do in the world right now.

The treasure of true freindship will never lose its glow.
cool2it
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2009, 04:37AM »

Terrific review, Brad !  It seems no matter how many time we watch them they still amaze us!!  Lisa is special, huh!! LOL  I love them all but Lisa can just make me melt with a smile.  Alex is beautiful and soooooo much talent! I finally met her at RR and I thought right then-- you certainly are a CW lady!!  I'm really looking forward to the new show and Chicago! I hope they are there over a weekend this time and I will be anxious to meet you and other friends for anouther great time!!  Thanks for your review.

Thanks for the terrific banner Rich!!  PLEASE, Let's all help in the fight against ALS
btimerson
CWF Global Moderator
Total Fanatic

Made it to ForumFest 2012 in Chicago!

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2009, 08:26AM »

Thanks, everyone, for your comments about my review.  It's true the reviews have now become mostly repetitive because the show has been going for quite some time and is ALWAYS excellent.  I wanted to be sure I added my 2-cents and my perspective.  I know when I read the reviews from others, I recall things that remind me of the concert and make me smile all over again!  Rochester was bitter-sweet since I knew this would be my last M&G for 2009 and my second-to-last concert (I went to Buffalo last night).  I am SO GLAD that CW could make a couple stops in my area - wouldn't miss an opportunity like this to see them!

To EVERYONE associated with Celtic Woman....  THANK YOU for an absolutely AWESOME Fall Tour.  I was able to get several of my good friends to attend the concerts with me and you now have them as fans.  Every comment was one of complete wonder and respect for your talents.  Besides the talent each of you exhibit, they all couldn't get over how well you blend when singing in unison (several thought you all had to be related since the blending is so good you all had to be family  Wink) as well as how the harmonies work so well.  One commented they could hear "Danny Boy" several times during a concert!  And finally, the recurring theme...  at the end of the concert....  One can't help but feel ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL about themselves and about the world.  Spiritually uplifting!

Brad

Rosie Allen
Total Fanatic

"You tell 'em Lise!"

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2009, 10:01AM »

For those of us who can't get to many shows...reviews are the next best thing!
I love the detail and energy around them.  Can't wait for the new DVD and 2010
schedule...I will get excited all over again!!!  Thanks, Brad!   Cheesy

CWLisaFan
Choir Member

Life is good. :)

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2009, 10:15AM »

I enjoyed your review!!  I was getting cold chills as I read it because it was taking me back to my own concert one week ago today!!!  I'm glad you had a wonderful time and got to meet Alex!  I hope to be able to meet each girl at least once in the future!!  I already met my idol--LISA KELLY!!!!--last week!!!!!   Cheesy Cheesy

Feeling so lucky for having met Lisa, Lynn, Chloe, Mairead & Orlagh!!

Ready for Symphony and Believe!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: