Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Belated Columbia Impressions  (Read 2257 times)
Jack

« on: October 30, 2009, 09:17AM »

(Slightly long)

First of all, I want to say that Forum Friends are the best.  What a great group of people we had up front for the Columbia concert!  There was Kristine (in green), Katharine, Elizabeth, Leslie, Courtney, Joe, Ginger and Jack (me) all sitting together with CW and Lisa Forum badges shining, cheering the girls on.  We missed meeting Curly and Green, White Rose and other members of the forum who were there.  Wish they would have come down and introduced themselves.  Maybe next time everyone can get together before the concert, or at least meet during intermission/after the show just to say "Hi!". 

I'm sure we each come away with our own impressions after each concert.  By now, just about everything has been written about all the songs and the girls.  Yet, we still feel the urge to get our personal feelings out there in front of others again and again.  I have reached the point where mine are more a reflection on just who the entertainers are and what it is that draws us to them, concert after concert.  For what it is worth, this is what I was left with this time:

Be still, my heart!  LISA is even sweeter and more beautiful in person than I could have ever imagined.  I thought I would be nervous at M&G, and I was initially, but she has the ability to put you so at ease that the nerves totally vanish the moment you are in her presence.  She is so down to earth and giving, that it makes you feel as though you're talking to a close friend or relative.  Yet, there she is right before you---it's Lisa!!  When she extended her hand to Ginger, Ginger gently refused saying she had a cold and didn't want to contaminate her.  Lisa insisted and said, "Aw, come on.  I'm just getting over a cold myself!"  What an experience it would be to spend some real time with her in a casual and less hurried setting, like maybe across a picnic table at a barbecue, or at a little league baseball game.  Someone on another board, maybe a forum member, said something to the effect that Lisa has so much inner beauty, talent, love, and goodness in her that her body simply cannot contain it all, and that it just spills out all over the rest of us.  Finally, a mental image that describes her perfectly for me.

LYNN was the second member at the M&G and confirmed my impressions all along.  There is much, much more to her than the quiet beauty and wonderful talent we see on stage.  She is truly a sweetheart, and has a great sense of humor.  This was my second time meeting her and I am totally captivated.  Now, if I can just get her to sing "Carolina Rua" instead of "Caroleena Rua"! Cheesy (Well, in Columbia, anyway.)

CHLOE, Chloe, Chloe!  She is just drop-dead gorgeous (knew that already also Cheesy) and was simply glowing and having a ball Sunday night.  Brains, personality, super talent, beauty beyond belief----what a package!  Then it dawned on me.  Our Chloe has grown into something very, very special, right before our eyes.

ALEX has been stunning since day one, still is, and always will be.  I am totally awed by this lady, her voice, her total beauty, and her presence on stage.  Thank you, David for bringing her to CW.  "You'll Be In My Heart" has become a big favorite (along with everything else she does).  One of my new goals is to meet her in the not-too-distant future.  She needs to get out her own CD/DVD ASAP!  I will be anxiously awaiting the new CW DVD/CD so I can watch and listen to her when I want.

MAIREAD still leaves me speechless and words will never do her justice.  I have been guilty of taking her immense talent and beauty for granted, since we have come to expect so much from her.  Then at each concert, she simply comes out and blows us away.  Each time she does something new that endears her to us.  This time I was impressed with her ability to interact with, and leave a personal touch on each audience.  I know she does it at all the venues, but I think it is just who she is and not entirely a stage act.  Sunday evening, she seemed to make it a point to recognize and acknowledge individual fans during her performances, me included.  During one of her passes near our end of the stage, she made direct eye contact and I said "Hi!"  Her eyes lit up, she instantly cocked her head, grinned and mouthed "Hi" right back, without missing a beat.  I had met her at an earlier M&G, so I would like to think she recognized my face, though it doesn't matter.  The simple acknowledgment of my gesture was enough.  No bandages on the knee this tour.

Kudos to the choir, especially Una (you gotta love her), Catherine and Sarah.  Ray, Nicky, Les and the rest were superb as usual.  Missed Helen, but Sarah was great as a replacement.

Koger Center was an excellent venue, (sold out), the audience responded, and I think the girls enjoyed it, said they hoped we'd invite them back.  The total stage area seemed a little cramped for Mairead at times as she picked her way between the front edge of the stage and the little "step-downs" they have as part of the set.  The smaller speakers at the front were a great improvement over the older, boxier ones and now the visibility for the fans down front is much better.

Saw and talked with Jbyrd (John) and his lovely wife again.  Our two couples seem to have become a common front row fixture at all the SC and surrounding concerts.

Now the withdrawal and impatient waiting begins once more.  On to the Spring tour and all the new experiences that will bring----.

Jack
Gambit

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 02:05PM »

Awesome review!

Thanks for the buttons, Rich!

God bless our troops!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: