Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Some folks really know how to make these concerts an event!  (Read 9559 times)
GeorgeN

« on: October 31, 2009, 10:59PM »

At the Syracuse concert I saw a limousine parked at the curb right outside the entrance, complete with a lighted bar and drinks at the ready. Now that’s the way to go to a CW concert!

There was also a couple I saw out front after the concert dressed as follows: the lady had a ground-length black velvet cape, fancy hair and hat, and the guy was wearing a formal coat & tails, with green top hat (with blinking lights), and had a cane. They seemed to be enjoying themselves!  Grin

Was this any of our forum members?

Anyone else out there make these concerts “a personal party to remember”?

GeorgeN
Guardian of the Rose
Bodhrán Player

Let the dream come true SOMEDAY

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 07:00AM »

Cool

I know...my signature is just...awesome! Smiley
Gambit

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009, 08:21AM »

That was awesome, if I had money, I would totally do that. Grin

Thanks for the buttons, Rich!

God bless our troops!
Rosie Allen
Total Fanatic

"You tell 'em Lise!"

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2009, 10:05AM »

When my husband and I went to their concert in May in Seattle we dressed up like a
formal date.  Nothing as fancy as the limo, however...but we wanted to make this as
special as we felt it was.  We didn't even stand out as others dressed up too.  Some were
really casual also...these Ladies fit any attire and age group...lucky us!!   Cheesy

The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2009, 01:49PM »

I went in a shirt and tie. If I had CW spirit wear I would of worn it no matter what anyone else says and I would bring a pen and the CD incase I run into them outside the place and of course we forgot to bring the binoculars which stank

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
Maggie
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2009, 03:33AM »

....There was also a couple I saw out front after the concert dressed as follows: the lady had a ground-length black velvet cape, fancy hair and hat, and the guy was wearing a formal coat & tails, with green top hat (with blinking lights), and had a cane........
Was this any of our forum members?  

And if it was, would they admit it?  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
George, I was OK with your description up to "with blinking lights"  Roll Eyes

Yes it was a very special night when we invited Lt. Col. Bruce Allen and his wife Sarah to attend the concert in Jacksonville.

While serving 15 months in Iraq with 1st Cavalry Division, Col. Allen wrote to this Forum and Lisa in particular,
to express his appreciation for the beautiful music of Celtic Woman.
We on the Forum immediately adopted Col. Allen and his troops.

He is a Vietnam veteran who celebrated his 60th birthday in Baghdad.
We can now reveal that Col. Allen was Training Officer, responsible for coordinating the training of Iraqi Troops along with his Cavalry Troops.
He and 1st Cav were living in the middle of Baghdad.
So when they returned from patrol, they really needed the soothing tones of CW.

Rich put together an awesome collection of signed photos, all kind of items from CW and also other artists who generously donated them.
Forum members sent CDs, DVDs, photos.

In one of his emails to the Forum, Col. Allen said he would love to see CW live in concert one day.
He lives in North Florida, so when we saw that CW would be in Jacksonville after Col. Allen returned home,
 he and his wife were invited to the concert.
I booked a room for them at the Naval Air Station Jax, where Dave and I were also staying.
After the concert, Rich presented Col. Allen with a book of messages from the Forum, and also personally signed messages
from the CW ladies.
THAT was a special night!

« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 03:35AM by Maggie » Logged
Kyradriel

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2009, 06:17PM »

For my first CW concert on November 3rd, I had my outfit (black skirt, purple 3/4 sleeve sweater, knee-high leather boots) picked out months before the event, and I had my hair dyed light auburn and french-braided the day of. My mom and I went about 3 hours early and hung out in Toledo shopping and had dinner at Pizza Hut. XD I was epic excited. I still spaz when I think about it, lol.

GeorgeN

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2009, 06:09PM »

...... with green top hat (with blinking lights), and had a cane........

George, I was OK with your description up to "with blinking lights"  Roll Eyes

Yes it was a very special night when we invited Lt. Col. Bruce Allen and his wife Sarah to attend the concert in Jacksonville.
.....THAT was a special night!....

The ‘blinkie lights’ were only a little tacky…… little green shamrocks running around the band of the top hat!!

Speaking of hats……. My hat’s off to Bruce, Sarah, and those of you who worked to get them a special night with CW. That’s a fine gesture and well deserved.

GeorgeN
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: